Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares To Donaire: I'll Fight on 4/13, Send Your Counter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Donaire fight against Mares or Rigo and give him the better odds but he did come out looking like an excuse making bitc on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      Disagree with you here. Rigo is building a name for himself. Donaire just won FOTY. He has say in his career. And if he doesn't, then he is to blame that much more.
      That is NOT how the business of Boxing works. If you need to know about how the business works, talk to a Promoter who promoted fights that everyone has seen. His name is Terry Trekas. Promoters pick the opponent, not the Fighter. If you were a Promoter and YOU were the one putting up the money, you would have it in the contract that YOU chose who the fighter fights. That is how it is. Thats why HUNDREDS of times when a fighter is asked who he would like to fight, he knows that weighs LITTLE on what happens and he responds by saying "I will fight whoever my Promoter wants". Fighters say that because it is TRUE. This is not in the least bit up for debate, it is a reality. It is in the contract and all you have to do is speak to a well known Promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
        only Mayweather picks his opponents, the rest follow their promoters. that's why Floyd gets a lot of deserved criticism for being a duck and a cherry picker. the rest are indentured servants
        This is true. Vitali and Floyd get to control at least partially who they fight and even Pac is clearly influenced in a big way by Arum and Pac is a superstar and still does not have full control of choice. The rest of the fighters are as you said, indentured servants.

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
          So, if the rest of the fighters are indentured servants- How can Floyd fight them if the "indentured servants" promoter wont agree to a deal?.
          There is no Promoter of a Guererro or an Ortiz that is going to turn down that much money, especially if it is inhouse like Guererro and Ortiz are where the Promoter still has the winner. Thats why it is easier right now to make a Donaire vs Rigo fight than a Donaire vs Mares fight.....it is inhouse. Fuk GBP and Arum for building walls between them.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            That is NOT how the business of Boxing works. If you need to know about how the business works, talk to a Promoter who promoted fights that everyone has seen. His name is Terry Trekas. Promoters pick the opponent, not the Fighter. If you were a Promoter and YOU were the one putting up the money, you would have it in the contract that YOU chose who the fighter fights. That is how it is. Thats why HUNDREDS of times when a fighter is asked who he would like to fight, he knows that weighs LITTLE on what happens and he responds by saying "I will fight whoever my Promoter wants". Fighters say that because it is TRUE. This is not in the least bit up for debate, it is a reality. It is in the contract and all you have to do is speak to a well known Promoter.
            I don't give a **** how boxing works. Most folks agree that the way boxing works now doesn't work. Boxers should take the fights that the fans that pay to see them want them to take. End of story.

Comment

No counter offer by TR and Nonito never sounded interested in the first place. Simply pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                I don't give a **** how boxing works. Most folks agree that the way boxing works now doesn't work. Boxers should take the fights that the fans that pay to see them want them to take. End of story.
                AGAIN - The BOXER is not the one who "takes" the fight, the promoter IS the one responsible for who he faces! Feel free to live in denial but that is not reality.

Comment

AGAIN - The BOXER is not the one who "takes" the fight, the promoter IS the one responsible for who he faces! Feel free to live in denial but that is not reality.
                  Then it that case there should be NO such thing as a boxer ducking someone, if it's simply a business decision that your boss made for you in other words "Promoter"

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    Then it that case there should be NO such thing as a boxer ducking someone, if it's simply a business decision that your boss made for you in other words "Promoter"
                    That is correct! With few exceptions, such as Vitali, Floyd who call most of the shots. Even huge stars like Pac and others are told who they are fighting. Thats why you will hear Arum turn down certain fights and Don King turn down certain fights, not the Fighter. The Promotors are the ones in control, otherwise the fighter can get dropped, put on hold, or sued. If you were a Promoter putting up all that money, you would be making the key decisions. You will never hear about fighters putting up the money for an event. The risk taker gets the say so.

Comment

Are you a professional boxer?

They have a say in their careers. That's why some boxers take on all comers and some don't. Obviously, management and promoters have their roles, and some are more dominant than others, but SOME BOXERS stand up for themselves, worrying more about their legacy and less about money. I suppose I'll continue to live in denial. GTFO.

Comment

Working...
                      X