Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a fair fight with an honest referee, Gennady Golovkin would KO Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ward boxes his ears off with ease. There's a reason why team GGG passed on this fight and it isn't money

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      people forget ward was put down by boone, he hurt him badly
      People don't forget -- but what would be the point?... It was back in 2005, in fight at the middleweights...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
        If the fight were in Oakland with a crooked home referee who would permit Andre Ward to use illegal tactics (hit while holding, use deliberate head butts, hit off the break and repeatedly clamp GGG's arm) I think Ward would win a decision, perhaps a TD after a cut from deliberate head butt.

But in a fair fight with an HONEST referee, matching SKILL against SKILL, I think Gennady Golovkin would knock out the bigger man Andre Ward.
        A referee can't be selected until GGG agrees to the fight. Since we know he will not, there is no need to speculate on which ref would help GGG win.

Comment

If a fair and honest ref didnt let Wlad hold he would have lost a while ago

Comment

No he wouldn't. Ward would school him.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              People don't forget -- but what would be the point?... It was back in 2005, in fight at the middleweights...
              if you read most of the post regarding this fight (not just in this thread) you would understand, somehow GGG is just a face first brawler for them, but if a journeyman like boone put him on queer street i'm sure Geandy can replicate that success.

Comment

if you read most of the post regarding this fight (not just in this thread) you would understand, somehow GGG is just a face first brawler for them, but if a journeyman like boone put him on queer street i'm sure Geandy can replicate that success.
                Fight was years and years ago..Ward is a much better fighter now..pointless to even bring that up....you must think Khan would beat Maidana now since he had him on his ass when they fought

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Fight was years and years ago..Ward is a much better fighter now..pointless to even bring that up....you must think Khan would beat Maidana now since he had him on his ass when they fought
                  no, those are khan's fans. i'm not saying boone would do it again, i'm saying GGG could have the same success.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    A referee can't be selected until GGG agrees to the fight. Since we know he will not, there is no need to speculate on which ref would help GGG win.
                    What offer did he turn down?

Comment

Of course Golovkin can KO Ward...
                      But, in time, Ward developed a strong wrestling/roughhouse technique that allows him to tie up opponents and wear them out...

Comment

Working...
                      X