No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Ward, Carl Froch Face To Face in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Come on, man. Regardless of who you felt won the fight there is no way that Froch "handled Dirrell quite easily."

I wish Ward had called him out on that statement. Maybe remind him that many people thought Froch actually lost that fight. But he's too classy to get into a trash talking contest with Carl.
    Most boxing analyst thought Froch won tbh,I will admit the fight was close but it was not a hard pace(due to Dirrell wanting to hold and run all night)..I believe that is what Froch was getting at..Not that he beat the hell out of Dirrell just that it was not a hard fight,and judging by his face and him talking and not even being out of breath at the end of the fight..I would say maybe he is right..I doubt Froch felt anything like he did at the end of the Kessler or Johnson fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      Well Froch looked pretty clean at fights end and was not even breathing heavy(Dirrell was must've been all the running)...So I guess he meant it was not a hard fight/pace...
      I've got a lot of respect for Carl,but he sometimes appears delusional.This fight will not be good for him....When Dirrell opened up,Froch was outclassed...Ward WILL open up and be more active than Dirrell.Froch will be a sitting duck.

Comment

rooting for a clean fight and for a froch win

Comment

It will come down to Wards speed, pace and ability to fight better on the inside. Carl will keep it long for a round or two whilst Ward settles but once the battle lines are drawn Ward will pin himself to Frochs chest and plain outwork him.
          Carl admires his work for too long and left it late vs old man Johnson. Against a guy wont wont fade in the late rounds but instead gains momentum I think Carl will be looking at the other guy getting his hands raised after 12.

Carl is the power puncher of the two and Ward wont be able to hurt him so it will be a frustrating night more than a painful night.
          Be interesting to see how Carl reacts to getting headbutted. I think it might get ugly cuz Carl wont allow and opponent to take liberties.

Comment

Is that Carl Froch's ideas of mindgames?

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              I've got a lot of respect for Carl,but he sometimes appears delusional.This fight will not be good for him....When Dirrell opened up,Froch was outclassed...Ward WILL open up and be more active than Dirrell.Froch will be a sitting duck.
              Dirrell is a different fighter then Ward num 1 and num 2 Dirrell ran and hug most of the fight..When he finally did open up it was 10 rds to late..He did not fight as he did in the AA fight,with good reason he would have been nail and most likely stopped bro..I forget what rd it was at the moment but at one point early in the fight Dirrell was trap in the corner and caught some serious blows from Froch that clearly hurt him..I'm telling you Froch has power Ward better be like a fart in the wind,because Froch can and most likely will hurt him in this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
                It will come down to Wards speed, pace and ability to fight better on the inside. Carl will keep it long for a round or two whilst Ward settles but once the battle lines are drawn Ward will pin himself to Frochs chest and plain outwork him.
                Carl admires his work for too long and left it late vs old man Johnson. Against a guy wont wont fade in the late rounds but instead gains momentum I think Carl will be looking at the other guy getting his hands raised after 12.

Carl is the power puncher of the two and Ward wont be able to hurt him so it will be a frustrating night more than a painful night.
                Be interesting to see how Carl reacts to getting headbutted. I think it might get ugly cuz Carl wont allow and opponent to take liberties.
                Ward can definitely hurt him...especially if he puts on a great performance and start beating him up. Ward has some quick hands and can hurt him with speed just like Dirrell did when he hurt Froch.

Comment

Interesting one this, I don't buy Ward yet, yes he was impressive against Kessler, but also look at his last 3

Green (it's green)
                  Bika (bika roughed him up at times and found success, but Bika is a b level fighter and didn't have it to capitalise)
                  Abraham (Abraham actually OUTBOXED ward at the start of the fight and was getting through with those slow punches of his, then he remembered he was arthur abraham and turned back into a walking punchbag)

Now looking at this i can see froch having a chance, if abraham can have success on the outside, theres no reason froch can't, and froch throws volume unlike AA, he is also taller and longer reach as opposed to shorter with t rex arms like Abe, If Bika had success when it got rough, so can froch who is as teak tough and if froch could hang with johnson inside he can hang with ward.

don't get me wrong, Ward is the favorite and rightfully so, but Froch is no joke and he seems to save his best performances for must win fights, he has a chance here

Comment

Interesting one this, I don't buy Ward yet, yes he was impressive against Kessler, but also look at his last 3

Green (it's green)
                    Bika (bika roughed him up at times and found success, but Bika is a b level fighter and didn't have it to capitalise)
                    Abraham (Abraham actually OUTBOXED ward at the start of the fight and was getting through with those slow punches of his, then he remembered he was arthur abraham and turned back into a walking punchbag)

Now looking at this i can see froch having a chance, if abraham can have success on the outside, theres no reason froch can't, and froch throws volume unlike AA, he is also taller and longer reach as opposed to shorter with t rex arms like Abe, If Bika had success when it got rough, so can froch who is as teak tough and if froch could hang with johnson inside he can hang with ward.

don't get me wrong, Ward is the favorite and rightfully so, but Froch is no joke and he seems to save his best performances for must win fights, he has a chance here

Comment

Originally posted by peplz View Post
                      On what do you base the notion that "triangle theory" means nothing in boxing? That's like saying that a fight isn't usually won by the better fighter. It's all just a conflict of style and no fighter is truly better than the next. Sorry, not buying it.
                      The word dense comes to mind when I read that post. It's not rocket science. Just refer to the Foreman-Ali-Frazier threesome. Triangle theories don't work in boxing. Styles make fights. Just because Ward abused Kess who edged Froch doesn't mean he will do the same to Froch based on that triangle theory. It's been proven time and time again.

Comment

Working...
                      X