Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPV is the reason boxing has declined the way it has.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya and KHAN! He sucks my D too

Comment

really?

you dont say

Comment

Originally posted by futureofboxing View Post
        Without question.

Comment

PPV is NOT the reason boxing has declined. It's a lack of exposure in general.

The UFC has two PPV's a month and they are THRIVING...explain that.

The reason they are doing so well is exposure and big fights getting made when they are supposed to. There are UFC fights on Sp*keTV or Versus ever other night. Whether it's lower tier guys in live fights or replays of past main events from PPV's. Boxing on regular tv? All you've got is ESPN's FNF which happens maybe once a month and it's mostly lower tier guys.

Generally speaking, they also have uniformity which means if there's a big fight to be made you can bet your ass it'll get made. It won't take two years for one of the guys to decide he doesn't want to fight, like the Mayweather/Pac debacle.

Boxing is FRACTURED.

To say PPV is the reason boxing has declined is a simplistic way of looking at it...there's a lot more to it than that.
          Last edited by Kenny Blankenship; 08-03-2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Plus **** like green pulled of the other day doesnt help either that was a disgrace...

Comment

You have made this statement before with no evidence or business rationale to back it up.Just because your broke ass can't afford PPV does NOT mean that it's bad for the sport.

Comment

PPV is good when its used properly. There are only 2 fights I can think of right now that should be on major PPV, may pac and klitchko bros (obviously not gonna happen). The smaller ppv's are good when they give exsposure to niche fighters people want to see. If JCCjr can do 200k then more power to him.

I think boxing has declined because there are too many weight divisions, too many organizations, and no free network TV are more reasons, and there are new alternatives like MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Heeb 13 View Post
                  Every thread finds a way to become about Pac or Floyd
                  It's because it's what the people want. I think I might have a stroke when I finally see those two in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                    PPV is NOT the reason boxing has declined. It's a lack of exposure in general.

The UFC has two PPV's a month and they are THRIVING...explain that.

The reason they are doing so well is exposure and big fights getting made when they are supposed to. There are UFC fights on Sp*keTV or Versus ever other night. Whether it's lower tier guys in live fights or replays of past main events from PPV's. Boxing on regular tv? All you've got is ESPN's FNF which happens maybe once a month and it's mostly lower tier guys.

Generally speaking, they also have uniformity which means if there's a big fight to be made you can bet your ass it'll get made. It won't take two years for one of the guys to decide he doesn't want to fight, like the Mayweather/Pac debacle.

Boxing is FRACTURED.

To say PPV is the reason boxing has declined is a simplistic way of looking at it...there's a lot more to it than that.
                    I pretty much agree with everything you said, but the UFC's PPVs>boxing's because UFC cards are usually stacked. But just blaming PPV for boxing's decline is silly.

Comment

Working...
                    X