Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC fighters twitter accounts now being co managed by social media reps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is absolutely pathetic. Disgraceful. Making boxing into a complete farce.

I genuinely hope Haymons family sees him burn alive.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      B-but al haymon is good for boxing d-doe...right?
      Doe a deer a female deer.....

Comment

This ***** is going to be as fake as reality TV, the way they are promoting.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          This explains a lot. I wonder if the press conferences will be scripted also. Will Guerrero's father take a swing at Thurman's trainer at the final press conference just to "build excitement" for the fight the way they do in professional wrestling (I apologize to all the idiots on this site who think Rasslin is real).

Comment

I don't dislike Al Haymon as a person. He clearly knows what the idiot masses want and is willing to give it to them, and that's the hallmark of a successful businessman.

I really dislike these guys on his internet forum defense payroll who play dumb and spin everything he does as "great for the sport". Yeah, scripted WWF feuds are really what boxing needs.

Matter of time before a high profile fight gets busted as a fix like back in the don King era.
            Last edited by ////; 02-14-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Haymon has fixed fights so why am I not surprised? The sport is reaching a new low. No wonder so few old timers actually stick around.

Comment

I still can't believe this. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  This explains a lot. I wonder if the press conferences will be scripted also. Will Guerrero's father take a swing at Thurman's trainer at the final press conference just to "build excitement" for the fight the way they do in professional wrestling (I apologize to all the idiots on this site who think Rasslin is real).

It's getting clearer every day that Haymon is using WWE as the benchmark for PBC. Haymon also seems to want to eliminate the risks and uncertainty involved in PBC Boxing, because after investors have spent millions on a particular fighter's promotion the fans' interest might disappear if the fighter is knocked out in a match. So it's likely that Haymon will try to eliminate as much of this risk as possible. That might mean scripted fights like in WWE.

Another problem with knockouts on NBC is that the commercials between rounds will suffer if the matches are shorter than 12 rounds, so Haymon might prohibit knockouts in PBC's matches on NBC.

Al Haymon has clearly no respect at all for boxing as a sport, and doesn't even seem to see boxing as a sport at all, but rather only as entertainment where he can make up his own rules.

Comment

wow....just....wow....

Would love to see all the excuses by Haymon fanboys

Comment

this is pathetic i hope haymon gets terminally ill and has to resign

Comment

Working...
                      X