No announcement yet.

Freedom of Speech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom of Speech

Does Freedom of Speech = freedom to hate, incite violence, be a bigot, discriminate, be a ****?

If you agree, then surely using the "N" word should be permissible, because hey, in the USA we have the right to free speech.

Originally posted by Zizou2 View Post
    Does Freedom of Speech = freedom to hate, incite violence, be a bigot, discriminate, be a ****?

If you agree, then surely using the "N" word should be permissible, because hey, in the USA we have the right to free speech.

absolutely

its not just freedom of speech

its freedom to live your life as you deem fit... provided you dont encroach on another person's liberty

nobody said you have to be nice, loving, compassionate etc

but we are free

Comment

freedom of speech means you have a right to say whatever you want, and everybody else has an equal right to tell you to STFU because they don't like it

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        freedom of speech means you have a right to say whatever you want, and everybody else has an equal right to tell you to STFU because they don't like it
        Exactly.

In the words of George Carlin, it went something like this:

Either we have no rights or we have unlimited rights, personally i'm leaning towards the unlimited. So next time some politically correct windbag comes at you saying, "I can say what I want, it's my right", you tell him, "Well I got rights too, to say that you got NOrights" and then shoot the **** in the head and walk away.

Comment

As long as people understand that there are consequences to every action they undertake good and bad. Freedom of speech can be implemented in a constructive manner or a destructive manner. It's always a choice.

Comment

Working...
          X