No announcement yet.

James Kirkland training, eager to get back in the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Kirkland training, eager to get back in the ring

"I'm full-time. This is what I do all day long; I'm in the gym. Now I have people coming up there, watching, and trying to figure out what Kirkland is looking forward to getting. I'm looking forward to getting a shot. I've been sitting out for 9 months. ****, who wants it," stated jr. middleweight contender James Kirkland, who recently contacted FightHype.com to give us an update on the status of career. Although he has not fought in over 9 months due to managerial and promotional issues, Kirkland continues to work hard in the gym, eager for an opportunity to get back in the ring to showcase his talents.

"I'll fight anybody at 154. I'm not ducking and dodging anybody. They thinking that I'm sitting back, getting fat as a hat, you know. They thinking that I'm just sitting back and not doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to stay motivated when you don't know when you're going to fight," Kirkland commented, still focused on perfecting his craft despite the fact that his career is currently on hold. "I don't do nothing but box now. I box, spend time with my kids, and keep on moving to another day. I don't be in the mix no more, I don't be in the clubs, it doesn't even matter. I'm one-dimensional now, man. It's just Kirkland boxing, Kirkland home, Kirkland kids, Kirkland home, you know what I mean? That's me. As long as I'm in the ring, that's all I want."

Although he has yet to make any new additions to his team, Kirkland already has a new trainer in mind. "You know Robert Garcia? He's definitely going to be added to my work list, regadless of whatever team I end up being with," he continued. "I would go to Spain to work with that dude. It doesn't matter where he go. That dude right there is the real deal and any fighter who has used him, they're going to vouch for him. Anybody that he has worked with, the proof is in the pudding."

His arm now fully healed, Kirkland believes a resolution to his managerial and promotional issues will be made in the near future and he's eager to get back into the ring to do what he does best. "I feel like if I sit down and talk with Golden Boy, we can resolve something," he added. "All I can say is, man, people that are calling me out, I have no one sending me any type of contracts or saying, 'Kirkland, you wanna fight this or fight that.' I have no one doing that. I definitely want to fight."

floydhype

Highlighted interesting points...
    Last edited by thuggery; 02-08-2013, 04:02 AM.

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    "I'm full-time. This is what I do all day long; I'm in the gym. Now I have people coming up there, watching, and trying to figure out what Kirkland is looking forward to getting. I'm looking forward to getting a shot. I've been sitting out for 9 months. ****, who wants it," stated jr. middleweight contender James Kirkland, who recently contacted FightHype.com to give us an update on the status of career. Although he has not fought in over 9 months due to managerial and promotional issues, Kirkland continues to work hard in the gym, eager for an opportunity to get back in the ring to showcase his talents.

"I'll fight anybody at 154. I'm not ducking and dodging anybody. They thinking that I'm sitting back, getting fat as a hat, you know. They thinking that I'm just sitting back and not doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, it's hard to stay motivated when you don't know when you're going to fight," Kirkland commented, still focused on perfecting his craft despite the fact that his career is currently on hold. "I don't do nothing but box now. I box, spend time with my kids, and keep on moving to another day. I don't be in the mix no more, I don't be in the clubs, it doesn't even matter. I'm one-dimensional now, man. It's just Kirkland boxing, Kirkland home, Kirkland kids, Kirkland home, you know what I mean? That's me. As long as I'm in the ring, that's all I want."

Although he has yet to make any new additions to his team, Kirkland already has a new trainer in mind. "You know Robert Garcia? He's definitely going to be added to my work list, regadless of whatever team I end up being with," he continued. "I would go to Spain to work with that dude. It doesn't matter where he go. That dude right there is the real deal and any fighter who has used him, they're going to vouch for him. Anybody that he has worked with, the proof is in the pudding."

His arm now fully healed, Kirkland believes a resolution to his managerial and promotional issues will be made in the near future and he's eager to get back into the ring to do what he does best. "I feel like if I sit down and talk with Golden Boy, we can resolve something," he added. "All I can say is, man, people that are calling me out, I have no one sending me any type of contracts or saying, 'Kirkland, you wanna fight this or fight that.' I have no one doing that. I definitely want to fight."

floydhype
    Molina rematch

Molina schools him again. I think Angulo would beat him in a second go around too.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
      Molina rematch

Molina schools him again. I think Angulo would beat him in a second go around too.
      Yeah I'd like to see an Angulo rematch with good drug testing this time, especially considering he admitted to taking mysterious black pills. But we'll see, he'll be lucky to even score a fight after doing what he did. That's interesting how he wants to work with Robert Garcia too.
      Last edited by thuggery; 02-08-2013, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Its taking forever for him to get everything settled. Who knows how much longer it will take. I think he made a big mistake going about this the way he did, but I'm not him and don't know his situation. Hopefully he comes back soon and fights guys that will be a good match up as far as being an entertaining fight, A rematch with Molina would be a waste of time. Who cares if Molina out pointed him, the fight was boring as hell and all Molina did was hold. It was very similar to Rios' fight with Abril. A rematch with Angulo would be good, then maybe Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          Its taking forever for him to get everything settled. Who knows how much longer it will take. I think he made a big mistake going about this the way he did, but I'm not him and don't know his situation. Hopefully he comes back soon and fights guys that will be a good match up as far as being an entertaining fight, A rematch with Molina would be a waste of time. Who cares if Molina out pointed him, the fight was boring as hell and all Molina did was hold. It was very similar to Rios' fight with Abril. A rematch with Angulo would be good, then maybe Canelo.
          I'm looking forward to the new clean Kirkland being trained by Robert Garcia.

Comment

didnt ann wolf make kirkland bulky and slow? I remember wolf saying kirkland wasn't ready to fight against canelo after the loss to molina. I wonder why exactly are they departing. I kno trainer garcia is good but he has a large stable.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by hobojo
              didnt ann wolf make kirkland bulky and slow? I remember wolf saying kirkland wasn't ready to fight against canelo after lucky W to molina. I wonder why exactly are they departing. I kno trainer garcia is good but he has a large stable.

Comment

when Kirk came home from the pen I was hyped up...even after the Ishida ****, I was still hyped up....after the Molina craziness, still was hyped....NOW, I'm like whatever man....still my dude but he can't be on the shelf so long and expect to be a force like that....Garcia is solid, sounds like a relationship that could work...still a hardcore Kirk fan but just not hyped no more...don't get it twisted, as soon as he comeback I'll be stoked...thats all it takes...Kirk vs ANYBODY....but all this other stuff just turns me off

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                  Molina rematch

Molina schools him again.
                  You must like watching men hug.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                    You must like watching men hug.
                    I'm pretty sure he'll be streaming Floyd-Devon.

Comment

Working...
                    X