No announcement yet.

Pwill: Retire or change Trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pwill: Retire or change Trainers

It was pretty obvious Williams could not stop the overhand left from Lara. This is the same punch Martinez used to stop him in his last fight. Williams's trainer believes he simply didn't see the punch from Martinez so there is no need to change his game-plan. Bottom line....the blueprint to defeat Williams has been established by Martinez. Either Williams needs to change trainers and hire a need trainer to develop a defense to stop those looping left overhand punches or think about retiring. I'm not saying Williams is shot, but it's a matter of time before he suffers another brutal KO.

Actually, I dont give Martinez props for creating the blueprint to beating Williams (and Im not discrediting him because im not a fan of his). I really believe the props belongs to Quintana IMO.. He was the first to show how to really beat Williams..

I DO agree that a new trainer is necessary. The messed up thing is that Williams is too damn loyal. Peterson is the worst trainer in history. He got Williams to a championship high-point, and I give him credit for that. But Williams has worked on NOTHING since the KO.

Ironically, I dont think Williams is shot AT ALL lol. A new trainer would FORCE Paul to actually work on defense. Emmanual Stewart took Chad Dawson and completely changed his style, and I LIKE it. Just IMAGINE what he could do for Williams. I counted a total of 39 times where Williams bends/leans down to throw a body shot and leave himself wide open. Terrible!

All Williams needs to do honestly is to keep his hands up. When you throw the left, keep the right up. If you throw the right, keep the left up. Stand TALL. I swear i dont blame Williams, its his damn trainer I blame...

Comment

I don't know if he's truly shot or not but if he's gonna have a few more fights he better find a new trainer......or go fight ESPN level fighters...

Comment

Changing trainers won't do ****, it's probably going to end the same route as the Hatton-Floyd Sr partnership, Williams's can change his style no more, you can't teach a old dog new tricks, this is his style.

If you can improve Williams defence your more likley going to destory his best weapon which is his work rate.

You can't blame his curent trainer for everything, anybody with some slight boxing knowledge knew what Lara was looking for all night, it's actually quite a simple adjustment but Williams hasn't got the brains to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by size15shoe View Post
          Actually, I dont give Martinez props for creating the blueprint to beating Williams (and Im not discrediting him because im not a fan of his). I really believe the props belongs to Quintana IMO.. He was the first to show how to really beat Williams..

I DO agree that a new trainer is necessary. The messed up thing is that Williams is too damn loyal. Peterson is the worst trainer in history. He got Williams to a championship high-point, and I give him credit for that. But Williams has worked on NOTHING since the KO.

Ironically, I dont think Williams is shot AT ALL lol. A new trainer would FORCE Paul to actually work on defense. Emmanual Stewart took Chad Dawson and completely changed his style, and I LIKE it. Just IMAGINE what he could do for Williams. I counted a total of 39 times where Williams bends/leans down to throw a body shot and leave himself wide open. Terrible!

All Williams needs to do honestly is to keep his hands up. When you throw the left, keep the right up. If you throw the right, keep the left up. Stand TALL. I swear i dont blame Williams, its his damn trainer I blame...
          Hm. You're right. Quintana might have begun cracking the one dimensional combination of the Punished. I didn't think of that. Martinez just made it obvious that, no matter what, Paul under this trainer has nothing else to bring to the table.

He's a high activity pressure fighter who doesn't use his height, never will, and has no problem getting smacked with the left.

So, Paul "the Punished" Williams vs. _______ = How does this fighter match up against Paul's ONLY gameplan.

I say ESPN2 for awhile, get a few decent wins against guys who can't punch, and then retire!

Comment

They really ought to cease matching him up with other southpaws. **** matchmaking is his downfall.

Comment

I think it's possible to teach an old dog new tricks. How difficult is it to defend from an over hand left? I believe the answer lies with a new trainer.

Comment

Working...
              X