Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False: Broner is a bigger hype job than Provodnikov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    yes. provo never received a tenth of the hype broner did receive from the media who were calling him the heir to floyd's throne
    Exactly. There was a major campaign to sell Broner as the next Floyd. It wasn't exactly subtle.

That's the definition of a hypejob. There was a strategy behind it. Provodnikov created his own hype by going to war with Bradley. It's not the same thing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Exactly. There was a major campaign to sell Broner as the next Floyd. It wasn't exactly subtle.

That's the definition of a hypejob. There was a strategy behind it. Provodnikov created his own hype by going to war with Bradley. It's not the same thing at all.
      some people think the opinion of a bunch of fans in an internet forum really matters, the ones that set the agenda are the media not us. and they were calling broner the next mayweather, then you get threads like "broner the next fighter of the decade" and so on.

let me guess, i'm a hater? am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        some people think the opinion of a bunch of fans in an internet forum really matters, the ones that set the agenda are the media not us. and they were calling broner the next mayweather, then you get post like "broner the next fighter of the decade" and so on.

let me guess, i'm a hater? am I?
        So by that definition then canelo is a hype job too. And basically any top fighter who has lost and being promoted a lot by a network

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          So by that definition then canelo is a hype job too. And basically any top fighter who has lost and being promoted a lot by a network
          Depends on the gap between the hype and reality donnit?

Broner the next Floyd = Pretty big gap

Comment

no, just those whose performances doesn't match with the hype they receive.

Comment

It's hard to say Canelo is a hype job when he's fought and faired evenly against every other top fighter in the divisjon.

Only of course, gething schooled by Mayweather just like so many other good fighters.

Canelo doesn't fit the mold of hype-job.

Now you have Broner on the other hand....who's never beaten anyone worth of note, at least not imo.

Comment

Ruslan should've beat Algieri. Either his corner totally sucks or he didn't listen. After the first knockdown, he should've focused on the body (jabs to the chest, left hooks to the liver, rights to the side and jabbed to the head. He went total head hunting and got schooled. I blame his corner first and then him. He should've known better.

Comment

When you're being tabbed as the heir apparent to Floyd, that says a lot. So by default Broner was the bigger hype job. But getting dubbed this "monster" from being an espn fighter, losing to Bradley & defeating Alvarado is a pretty big hype job in itself. Then to only lose on a showcase fight that was gonna start rumblings of a possible Manny fight didn't help any either
                  Last edited by hhs661; 11-16-2014, 05:59 PM.

Comment

broner won 3 titles, and he has Paulie under his belt,

who does ruslan have under his belt?

Comment

Broner for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X