No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Humberto Soto Working Hard To Improve His Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Humberto Soto Working Hard To Improve His Speed

The world lightweight champion of the World Boxing Council (WBC), Mexico's Humberto Soto, started what is going to be his last week of training in the mountains of Temoaya, a State of Mexico, where he made ​​his camp for six weeks. Soto has had ​​a thorough preparation, working on endurance, strength and fitness, and is almost ready to defend his world championship for a fourth time.

[Click Here To Read More]

i guess some ppl don't like soto's style but i'm a fan. very, very good fighter.

Comment

I'm a big soto fan, and have no clue why sotos career has had the path it has. Why isn't this guy fighting on hbo or Showtime? He's clearly better than the competition top rank sets him up with.

Soto is really good. I have to think someone in his camp is pulling strings for some reason I don't know about. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        I'm a big soto fan, and have no clue why sotos career has had the path it has. Why isn't this guy fighting on hbo or Showtime? He's clearly better than the competition top rank sets him up with.

Soto is really good. I have to think someone in his camp is pulling strings for some reason I don't know about. I don't get it.
        soto should be getting higher profile fights.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post

From what I remember, aside from being on very important HBO PPV undercards, Soto has been on free HBO twice; once against Rocky Juarez, where he performed very well and gave Rocky his first defeat, and twice against Joan Guzman, where he completely laid an egg. The problem wasn't just against Guzman, though. In between and after the Guzman fight, he fought absoloutely terrible. His fights against Gamaliel Diaz, Francisco Lorenzo (2nd one), and David Diaz were absoloutely uninspiring! Recently, he made great showing against Urbano Antillon, but then followed up with another boring and average win against some Colombian (who he had controversially beat already)... Hope this helps. I, personally, am done with him!!!

Comment

I think Soto would have been more effective at 130. Guzman would have been a problem for anybody at that time, including Pacquiao and Marquez. Now he's at 135 and he's lost his power. Still a good fighter, should have just fought Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              I think Soto would have been more effective at 130.
              ya. but he's still damn good @ 135.

Comment

hes declined at 135..

Comment

for those who complain about Soto's career path in the last couple years, lets first remember he's a Beltran fighter NOT a Top Rank fighter. In Mexico, the Saturday boxing programming that Soto always fights on does well and he has become a staple on "Box Azteca" appearing 3-4 times a year and drawing good numbers. Soto, like so many of the European fighters, does well in his country but not with the U.S. market who are a bunch of fools that like to watch "super" fights like Alexander vs Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                  X