Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fight you were dead wrong about

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So going by the question TS is asking, that doesn't mean win or lose.

I was dead wrong about the Mayweather-Cotto fight in the sense that I felt Cotto was gonna eat a lot of pull counters. I felt that way because Cotto loves to start his combinations with the jab, and finish with one. It never hit me that stepping in with the jab was gonna neutralize that from happening, it's crazy how that completely flew over me.

I acknowledged that Rigondeaux had the tools to beat Donaire, did I see that happening though? No, mainly because Rigondeaux likes to paw with the jab, use it as a range finder and I felt eventually Donaire was gonna catch him with the left hook over the top. Stupid of me not to have realized how one dimensional Donaire's left hook is, he can only counter with it from close range and he can't lead with it.

Sometimes you miss the simplest things when making a prediction.

Comment

I was afraid for Pac vs dela Hoya....

Comment

Khan vs Zab

Kosta vs Zab

Hatton vs Kosta

Paul William vs Sergio

Hopkins vs Dawson

Lucas vs Peterson

Comment

Margarito vs. Mosley- After looking at how Marg beat Cotto and how Mosley had looked vs. Mayorga I thought Marg was just going to blast through Shane with ease. Looking back at it I think even if Marg didn't get caught trying to load his gloves before that fight I think Shane would have still taken his head off. Straight ass whipping.

Tyson vs. Holyfield I- Thought Tyson was going to wreck Evander but Holyfield had come with a game plan and wasn't intimidated at all.

Trinidad vs. Hopkins- Tito was on a roll and I didn't know much about Hopkins at the time. B-Hop fought the perfect fight that night.

Pac vs Barrera I- I had seen Pac fight before this fight but I didn't think he was on the level of the great Mexican fighters at this weight class.

Matthysse vs Garcia- Garcia made a believer out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            floyd-baldomir. i listened to floyd fans who said baldomir was a beast and great fighter.
            Thats funny I thought evaluating a fighter is a seeing thing , only dummies believe their ears over their eyes .

Comment

matthysse v Garcia.

I could not think of a single way that garcia would beat Matthysse apart from a fluke knockout. I was very wrong. Credit to Garcia he transformed himself for that fight and beat him convincingly.

Comment

Lennox vs tyson and for some reason maybe because of my strong dislike of Lennox I also picked Tua to beat Lennox

Comment

Working...
                X