Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boycott Floyd's fight, whos joining the wagon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    If you aren't entertained by a floyd ppv then you are not a true boxing fan.
    Look I never said anything bad about Floyd the boxer. Im just saying boycott Floyd's PPV. All I'm saying is I want more and expect more from Floyd because IMO he is so superior to who he has been fighting lately. I come from the thought If I'm going to buy his PPV I want to see him truly challenge himself and fight fights people truly feel he has a great chance to lose, otherwise why bother if you already know he is going to win. Fighting a Martinez fight or a for the middleweight is history and something worth buying. Plus it ain't like welterweights champions and or 154lbs champs like Floyd have never won a middleweight title. It can be done again and IMO Floyd would have a legit **** at doing that, so why not challenge yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
      What's up everybody? I just wanted to ask everyone who wants to ride the boycott Floyd PPV wagon? Stop drinking his juice and open your eyes. Me personally haven't bought a Floyd ppv ever? I refuse to spend my hard earned money on something I dont get to good return from? To the people who don't drink the Floyd cool aid and who don't hang on Floyd's every word and thought, when was the last time you walked away from a Floyd PPV you bought and were satisfied with your purchase? Stop the madness now and just say no. Truthfully the only PPV worthy event for a Floyd fight is his battle with a Canelo or a Martinez fight with a stacked card. Beside those two fights no other fight is worth buying and not PPV quality. Stop lining Floyd's pockets now and save your money. That same money you give him, he will end up throwing it away down some dirty strippers g string.

So I say stop the madness now and boycott Floyd's PPV. Anyways it ain't you can't watch it a week later. Join the wagon.
      Soooo..... are you saying indirectly that no other fighters between 147-160lbs except Alvarez or Martinez have a chance of beating him? You really think he's THAT good?

I can understand that how you spend your money is your business but how Mayweather spends his doesn't matter either. People will pay for what they like. All comes down to why you like boxing. Bringing any personal business of Mayweather's or any other fighter's into the argument is a little b***hy.

Comment

Sorry frank but it's not a lie I never have bought a Floyd PPV. I've watch him at a bar or friends house a couple times but I watch him the following weekend and everytime I do I'm so thankful I didn't buy it.
        So you mooch off your friends to watch Floyd fight and now you're calling for a boycott of his fights? That has to one of the funniest and stupidest things I've heard in a long time.

You fully admit that you have never spent one cent on a Floyd fight and now you're calling for others, like yourself, to not spend money in the future.

If you're not spending money now, what the hell is the difference from not spending money in the future? By not spending money, aren't you already boycotting him? I mean, what are you going to do in the future that you aren't doing now?

Oh, I get it. You're saying that you haven't spent money in the past, but now you really not going to spend money in the future.

Comment

There are lots of ways a fighter can say no to a fight without actually saying no. Mayweather can make unreasonable money demands or insist Canelo make 147 pounds or no fight. I always watch the pfv fights a week later. It's the same fight and it's free. I can't afford to pay $50 to $70 just to watch it live.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            There are lots of ways a fighter can say no to a fight without actually saying no. Mayweather can make unreasonable money demands or insist Canelo make 147 pounds or no fight. I always watch the pfv fights a week later. It's the same fight and it's free. I can't afford to pay $50 to $70 just to watch it live.
            There are a lot of sites that stream the fight for free. If you are savvy enough to navigate to here, you should be able to find them. Just don't tell anyone because it kinda of secret.
            Last edited by marvin douglas; 05-12-2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Look I never said anything bad about Floyd the boxer. Im just saying boycott Floyd's PPV. All I'm saying is I want more and expect more from Floyd because IMO he is so superior to who he has been fighting lately. I come from the thought If I'm going to buy his PPV I want to see him truly challenge himself and fight fights people truly feel he has a great chance to lose, otherwise why bother if you already know he is going to win. Fighting a Martinez fight or a for the middleweight is history and something worth buying. Plus it ain't like welterweights champions and or 154lbs champs like Floyd have never won a middleweight title. It can be done again and IMO Floyd would have a legit **** at doing that, so why not challenge yourself?
              The problem with the phrase challenging yourself is what you really mean is take a fight I don't think he can win. So you are basing purchasing the ppv on that. But you not thinking he will lose is testament to his greatness rather than a lack of good matchmaking. You posted that floyd has to fight sergio for you to buy it. What is wrong with the fighters at his weight?

With other ppv's do you have that expectation or is entertainment value enough?

The only fights you realistically don't think he can win are all against much heavier fighters. Canelo will be a 4-1 or 5-1 underdog. Why would you buy that and not other bouts with the same odds?

Comment

There aren't that many PPV worthy options left. Even Garcia is pushing it. Canelo..Garcia or maybe Matthysse.

The rest like Khan or Alexander would be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  You can watch on stream and still Boycott the POV.

I don't want to pay £15/$60 for a fight with a near definite outcome I'm afraid, regardless of how Floyd looks.
                  Fine. Question- did you purchase sergio chavez or manny-jmm? Those outcomes were also near definite. What was the last ppv you felt wasn't near definite?

So I'm all for your standard so long as you apply it to all ppv's.

Comment

I'm in , I will not buy it

Comment

if floyd ppv sales drops boxing is dead!

Comment

Working...
                      X