No announcement yet.

Seriously...Where Is Joshua Clottey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
    not sure if you implied it, but in case you mistook my words, I never thought Clottey was a bad fighter. And I agree with you that his style, and approach to that fight lead to his downfall, but then again we could use that excuse to a lot of fights, can't we? I still believe Pac would have won if Clottey chose to let his "hands go;" Pac was too fast for Clottey, and in my opinion, Clottey would've exposed himself to a myriad of punches, but neither one of us will ever know with 100% certainty.

I like Clottey, I think he's a skilled fighter, he's solid defensively, he possess a good offensive repertoire, and he has an underrated punch. His KO ratio is 50%, but seeing how he could be more active in his fights, that number could've potentially been higher, so fans shouldn't analyze the numbers too much....and maybe I shouldn't either...but if you remember Pacquiao speaking of Clottey's power, his expression thereafter indicated Clottey hit him with some hard shots and you could tell...it only took like 3 rounds for Pac to have that welt under his eye. Further more, watch a few of his fights, Judah, Margarito, Cotto...you can tell the guy can punch.

My advice to Clottey is to put the past behind him, get out there and fight. I've heard he wants Top Rank to pay him more money, but dude, you're not getting multi-million paydays anymore, just take a fight and begin to prove your rank. I suggest going straight up to 154, the layoff could make it hard for a big guy like him to get back down to 147....unless he's been keeping himself within weight this whole time, doubt it.
    I didn't mistake anything. That statement I made was not to you (so to speak). It was for the tons of people that forget that Clottey is a good fighter, they choose to scold him for one fight...The Pac fight. When in reality, he is a good fighter. I used the phase at the end of your post to point out, that in fact Clottey is actually a good fighter.

Comment

the contract wit pac said fight like a***** leave da sport so you dont make what pac did look bad.........

Comment

Oh my gosh... nothing will ever change... *****s still on that imaginary conspiracy ish backed by the dumbest mexican to ever post.... LMAO...

Comment

Spending his Diarrhea money...

Comment

Originally posted by LaMexicanMigra View Post
            Clottey was BRIBED to "throw" his fight with Pac, and is now currently receiving BRIBE money in quarterly payaments by Arum's 2nd or 3rd party associates.
            Clottey doesnt have to fight at all, cause he's basically "set for life".

and Clottey isnt the only one that "layed down" for Pac.

Margarito also "threw" his fight with Pac so that he can a $7 million dollar payday and get re-licensed.

Mosley also "threw" his fight with Pac and is getting close to $10 million for doing so.

3 FIXED FIGHTS in a row for Pac.

so arum paid clottey to take a dive eh? clottey who has no chance against Pac was asked to take a dive... funny people.

Comment

probably feels discraced for taking dive money...africans have a lot of pride...he no longer wants to show his guilty mug to the public...

Comment

Where is he? Hope to see him fight soon.......with both hands up all round :-))))

Comment

Originally posted by screwhead1 View Post
                  probably feels discraced for taking dive money...africans have a lot of pride...he no longer wants to show his guilty mug to the public...
                  really... So Africans have a lot of pride so he took dirty money to take a dive.

gotcha, homey

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    Arum put his ass on the shelf when he demanded that his minimum purse from now on was at $500K
                    Pavlik's getting 50k these days by Bobby

Comment

Working...
                    X