Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is very bitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had the utmost respect for Lennox. I think he is a guy easy to respect. However, I am getting a little pissed off that he is quickly becoming Mr. Excuse. He is trying to do EVERYTHING short of lacing up to assure that Vitali gets humiliated. Two points...

1. If the fight means THAT much to him... quit rambling on and on about retiring, already being inducted into the HoF, years away from the ring, winning the first fight... etc. If Lewis has no ghosts haunting him from the first fight, why make this so personal?

2. And this is a much more concise point... If, and ONLY if, hell completely freezes over and heaven catches fire... will Haye defeat Vitali.

Like I said, I respect Lennox as a fighter and an all around good guy. He is a **** commentator, but I won't hold that against him. I just find it borderline cowardly to be publicly so invested in a battle that you would not be willing to fight yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
      I've always had the utmost respect for Lennox. I think he is a guy easy to respect. However, I am getting a little pissed off that he is quickly becoming Mr. Excuse. He is trying to do EVERYTHING short of lacing up to assure that Vitali gets humiliated. Two points...

1. If the fight means THAT much to him... quit rambling on and on about retiring, already being inducted into the HoF, years away from the ring, winning the first fight... etc. If Lewis has no ghosts haunting him from the first fight, why make this so personal?

2. And this is a much more concise point... If, and ONLY if, hell completely freezes over and heaven catches fire... will Haye defeat Vitali.

Like I said, I respect Lennox as a fighter and an all around good guy. He is a **** commentator, but I won't hold that against him. I just find it borderline cowardly to be publicly so invested in a battle that you would not be willing to fight yourself.
      its not lewis' fault vitaly spreads rumors about lewis's imminent return... lewis is justified imho.

Comment

The other thing about Lewis is that he can't speak English fluently. His IQ is about 47, and no one like that should ever be allowed to speak on television.

Comment

Originally posted by insipiens View Post
          The other thing about Lewis is that he can't speak English fluently. His IQ is about 47, and no one like that should ever be allowed to speak on television.

John Scully could do a better job than Lewis after a 5th of Maker's Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by insipiens View Post
            I'd have to disagree. I think he's smarter than you are giving him credit for.

Good chess player, too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post

Good chess player, too.
              Well he should have a little dignity and self respect and stop portraying himself as an imbecile.

Also, I know people who are dumb as **** but they are also excellent chess players.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                Well he should have a little dignity and self respect and stop portraying himself as an imbecile.
                I like Lennox. I honestly don't really give a crap about his behavior. People take things a bit too far, IMO.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Good chess player, too.
                  Well I was exaggerating of course, but he doesn't exactly hold a high-quality conversation. He doesn't answer questions directly, he doesn't make precise points, and he doesn't fluently produce intelligible sentences.

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  John Scully could do a better job than Lewis after a 5th of Maker's Mark.
                  Scully is on a different level mentally.

Comment

People take things a bit too far, IMO.
                    Whole point of the thread is that he is the one that takes things too far.

Nobody has been able to dispute that fact yet.

Comment

I like Lennox. I honestly don't really give a crap about his behavior. People take things a bit too far, IMO.
                      I like him too. He's a good-natured guy, but he has his weaknesses as all men do. I pity him for the Klitschko situation. He retired as champ and should feel he closed his career with dignity. But the fact of the matter is that he doesn't feel that way. He has a serious Klitschko-inferiority complex.

And most athletes don't speak well enough to be on television. Len is simply an especially bad example.

Comment

Working...
                      X