Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: No Prize Necessary As Roy Jones KOs Vyron Phillips In Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol damn...the reality of what happens when a fan fights even a shot fighter

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      So true, goes to show you how superior pro boxers are to regular joes of the world.

Comment

lol some people don't realize that even "bums" would beat them silly. Rod Salka could run through most of the people on NSB.

Comment

Pretty meaningless win but I'm glad he didn't embarrass himself. Even more glad he didn't get viciously KO'd again. Wish he would retire.

Comment

I didn't see it, but I'm surprised the fan lasted deep into the second round. Either Roy was just toying with him, or this is the best indication yet that he needs to retire immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I didn't see it, but I'm surprised the fan lasted deep into the second round. Either Roy was just toying with him, or this is the best indication yet that he needs to retire immediately.
              Roy appeared to have been toying with him and smiling. The 'fan' looked in a good shape, he was not an average joe off the couch, he has a 6-1 amateur record which is more than most fans have and fought pro in MMA, but obviously relative to the pros he was lower level. This show started off as just Roy vs a fan but it didn't turn out that way, I guess to look out for actual average fans. To qualify you needed some combat sports experience.

Comment

Can't say much of this was shocking or overly entertaining.

No way were they going to feed a real "fan" to RJJ - can't see any commission licensing that massacre. Had to be someone who knew how to fight at least.

What's next for RJJ though? Is he going to try and fight a Vietnam Vet next? War RJJ, right?

Comment

from the other thread.....

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Something I just found out.....

This idea to fight a fan, it didn't happen the way Roy said.

Roy was going to box Chael Sonnen, but Sonnen got suspended.

The " fan " fight, was a hastily arranged plan B.

Comment

I just watched the fight and it was clear Roy was carrying him and didn't want to seriously hurt him, after all Vyron is a big fan of Roy. This fight shows that a professional boxer has the superior striking skills and an MMA fighter is nothing but a jack of all trades, skilled in all forms of fighting but master of none.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      lol some people don't realize that even "bums" would beat them silly. Rod Salka could run through most of the people on NSB.
                      80 amateur bouts, 63 wins here. Pretty sure I'd at least give Rod Salka a test! And at this point, I honestly think an amateur at Roy's weight with a similar pedigree would beat him handily, which is just sad.

Comment

Working...
                      X