Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't we all agree that Floyd is still in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd in his prime? Absolutely not. He's 35 years old.

He just happens to be such a brilliant fighter that he's made adjustments to his style so that he can be just as effective, even though his physical gifts have diminished with age and inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
      After all the breaks he's taken, I think it's crystal clear that Floyd is still in his prime although he's 35 years old. Someone prove me otherwise.
      Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
      I was trolling with this thread guys....

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
      typical ***** bukkake thread

conquering loving being the "centre" of attention of the floyd lovers
      It was a troll thread, son. I actually got the thought from fanatic manny stans that seem to think Floyd is ageless or some crap. Get your thongs out of a bunch.

Comment

FLoyd implied that he's not in his prime anymore. It happened when he was discussing a potential fight with pacman and he said something like "where was Pacman years ago when I was dominating at super featherweight and lightweight?"

Comment

Floyd's prime was at 140 against Gatti. That was in 2005. He is NOWHERE near his prime but is still better than everyone else.

Comment

He's certainly hit a plateau, but I don't think he's been on a downhill trend. If he were to go back to 140 or so I think he'd be much faster (not that he's slowed at all that much), I think the weight is a factor.

Comment

Prime is just a way of saying physical peak. Floyd was at his peak 5-10 yrs ago but was fighting at a lower weight and doing more running than fighting. He was also fighting lower calibre opponents. Floyd today more than compensates for his ascent in both weight and age by fighting smarter and standing his ground. He is far more entertaining to watch now then when in his prime, he is fighting bigger stronger opponents than in his prime. So as I see it Floyd hasn't really digressed he has just adapted to a higher weight vs better quality opposition. Do you really think the "prime" 140 lbs Floyd could stand in front of Mosley and Ortiz like he does today? I think not. Floyd 2012 can hold his own with any version of Pbf. May not be as fast but he is bigger and stronger physically and more knowledgeable

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                No. Past his prime-still good, same as Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto.

He hasn't been prime since Hatton.
                Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                Honestly, I haven't considered Floyd "prime" since the Gatti fight. Because this isn't an ideal weight for him.

He may have been prime age and ability wise, but he should be at 140.

A guy who is 150 on fight night is a junior welterweight.
                I think he could fight at 140 and be stong just as Pacquiao, a few pounds smaller could still be strong at 135.Floyd was 28 when he smashed Gatti so 140 is his best weight as you have all your size and muscle weight before age 28.Pacquiao was 29 when he won the lightweight tittle.

Comment

Floyd's apex prime was undoubtedly 2005 while campaigning at 140.

Comment

I respect his boxing skills
                    but we all could agree
                    he is past his prime

Comment

At the most he's at the tail end of his prime, which gets extended with each win.

Comment

Working...
                      X