No announcement yet.

Beatles' appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    so we're going to get into a pissing contest now? you brought the vitrol first and now don't like it in return?
    No, really, I want to know.
    Originally posted by Check View Post
    Clash does not suck. Sure, they were all over the place but their music is great.
    Yeah, I know, I was being facetious because Joe Strummer famously denounced The Beatles. Shit, the Sex Pistols kicked out their bassist because he was a Beatles fan. IIRC, the great Frank Zappa also disliked them.
    Last edited by S.G.; 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

its a toss up between hanson and the jonas brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        No, really, I want to know.

Yeah, I know, I was being facetious because Joe Strummer famously denounced The Beatles. Shit, the Sex Pistols kicked out their bassist because he was a Beatles fan. IIRC, the great Frank Zappa also disliked them.
        Didn't know that. That's a ****ish thing to do but they did make good music so I'll forgive them.

Comment

Yeah, The Clash SUCK.
          Wow. I thought The Clash was one of those bands that had everyone's respect.

Comment

Those who trash beatles just wanna impress pople that they are one of a kind who possess an impeccable taste and knowledge in music.

Comment

I'd say that someone like Bowie has at least influenced a better quality of band than The Beatles. His impact on alt rock is pretty immeasurable. Same goes for The Velvet Underground and a few others.
              Really? You're losing your argument. Having greatly influenced every genre is better than alt rocks, and saying alternative defeats your argument. Alternative is alt not main. And most alts troll hahaha

I also wonder if you know that Beatles influenced Bowie along with Syd Barett, The Who, Lou Reed, etc.

Bowie also included Across the universe in one of his album. Bowies, made a song "john, I'm only dancing in deference with Lennon. He made a song with Lennon, titled Fame and Starman and Five years were highly influenced by Beatles also.
              Last edited by S.I.L.V.A; 07-27-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hebi View Post
                Wow. I thought The Clash was one of those bands that had everyone's respect.
                No such thing in music I'm afraid, people do it out of spite just to be different.

Comment

lmaoooooooo @ the word overrated. overrated is an overrated word

Comment

Originally posted by Repeddled View Post
                    No such thing in music I'm afraid, people do it out of spite just to be different.
                    I understand not being a fan, or thinking they're overrated, but to say they suck? Yeah, I agree, that is just being contrary to try and sound above it all.

Comment

They have a couple good songs but they were never my favorites. My favorites from that era were the Rolling Stone and the Who.

Comment

Working...
                      X