Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Frank Warren column, virually confirms Wlad-Chisora.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Frank Warren column, virually confirms Wlad-Chisora.

SOMETIMES in boxing you must be bold and roll the die and take a calculated risk.

That is the position British heavyweight champ Derek Chisora faces - as he has been offered a fight with Wladimir Klitschko.

I had reservations because Del Boy has only had 14 fights and Klitschko is world No 1. But I am coming round to the idea.

Not only does Chisora really want a chance, I'm starting to think he can win it.

Matt Skelton had 22 fights before he fought for the world title after zero amateur experience. And Leon Spinks, in his eighth fight, got his shot against Muhammad Ali and beat him. Is Chisora against Klitschko any less legitimate than David Haye against Audley Harrison? At least Del Boy is preparing to fight Klitschko.

The money on the table is not amazing, but Derek has told me he just wants the opportunity to prove himself. Part of the deal for the fight will be a couple of options on Del Boy if he wins.

Samuel Peter was a walking punchbag when he fought Klitschko, but if Chisora does land the fight he will be in great condition.

I've always believed Klitschko has trouble against mobile heavyweights. Chisora moves like a middleweight when he wants to, has a good chin and a big heart.

Danger One

Advertisement
    Quantcast

TALK of Amir Khan fighting Floyd Mayweather is crazy.

Khan is making a name at light-welterweight but it is a good division and he has not proved he is No 1 yet. To fight Mayweather he might have to go to light-middleweight, which would put him at a severe disadvantage.

Khan's had only five fights since he lost to Breidis Prescott at lightweight and needs more before giving weight away to Floyd.

Danger Two

GLEN JOHNSON is set to replace Mikkel Kessler in the Super Six tournament as it lurches from one pullout to another.

Former world champ Johnson will be in fantastic shape as he seems the sort of guy who is never out of the gym.

But he is 41, has five defeats in his last 13 fights and gone down a division from light-heavy. He has not made 168lbs since 2000. That's dangerous.

Frank Warren is a complete idiot.

Chisora is you enough to avoid the K brothers. Not what you want as a boxing fan but he could improve a lot more in the next few years.

Comment

"virtually"... damn, you guys remember VR troopers?

VIRTUAL REALITY !! HU HA !!

Comment

Would be realy funny if he did beat Klit.
        Imagine how many threads on how ****ty Klit is.......

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
          Would be realy funny if he did beat Klit.
          Imagine how many threads on how ****ty Klit is.......
          Would be funny.

Comment

I'll be looking forward to Chisora-Wlad on Dec 11.

Warren has a huge card planned for that date, we may see Brahmer-Cleverly on the same PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
              I'll be looking forward to Chisora-Wlad on Dec 11.

Warren has a huge card planned for that date, we may see Brahmer-Cleverly on the same PPV.
              I wanted Cleverly back in Wales. Seems a long time since he was here last.

On the Calzaghe V Kessler card.

Comment

I'd have like to have seen Chisora defend his own titles a few times first but you don't turn down a shot at the HW title. WAR DEL BOY!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X