Comments Thread For: Price Wants To Batter Thompson, Send a Message

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    Fury doesn't want the fight.

Thompson isn't a bad opponent, he might be shot on the world stage but you don't go from Matt Skelton to Vitali Klitschko in one jump. It'll give him some confidence, then they should look to mix it with the other contenders.

I'd really like to see them bring in someone who will go 12 with Price, a lot of questions still to be asked.
    How do you know Fury doesn't want the fight?
    Thompson isn't the step up in competition they want it to sound like. It's about time for Price to really test himself, he's not young like Fury. Price might not get better than he is right now.

Price should fight Helenius, that could be a good test for both and give an indication which of those two are more ready for Wlad.

Comment

Looks like an owl on 'roids.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        Thompson isn't the step up in competition they want it to sound like. It's about time for Price to really test himself, he's not young like Fury. Price might not get better than he is right now.

Price should fight Helenius, that could be a good test for both and give an indication which of those two are more ready for Wlad.
        He was offered a career high pay-day and went all quiet...

@Andrew: It's hard to find an opponent durable enough to last 12 that would also ask questions of Price. Sherman Williams wouldn't be a bad opponent, Price needs to go 12 before he steps it up against contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post

If Fury wanted the fight, he would have fought Price when he was the mandatory. Simple.

Comment

@Andrew: It's hard to find an opponent durable enough to last 12 that would also ask questions of Price. Sherman Williams wouldn't be a bad opponent, Price needs to go 12 before he steps it up against contenders.
            I agree, but the problem is to find that opponent. Dereck Chisora may be one. IMO Sherman Williams is too old and short to do anything against price. We could talk about Jonathon banks or a Arreola maybe. But I think they would both rather go for a world title shot than fight Price. I could see him having a hard time getting opponents with the way he's knocking everybody out.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              I agree, but the problem is to find that opponent. Dereck Chisora may be one. IMO Sherman Williams is too old and short to do anything against price. We could talk about Jonathon banks or a Arreola maybe. But I think they would both rather go for a world title shot than fight Price. I could see him having a hard time getting opponents with the way he's knocking everybody out.
              That's the thing though, Price doesn't want to find out he can't do 12 rounds against a fighter like Arreola/Banks, he wouldn't know how to pace himself either.

Comment

That's the thing though, Price doesn't want to find out he can't do 12 rounds against a fighter like Arreola/Banks, he wouldn't know how to pace himself either.
                I guess we won't know until it happens. But i'd certainly put my money on Price in either of those fights.

Comment

Looks like an owl on 'roids.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                    If Fury wanted the fight, he would have fought Price when he was the mandatory. Simple.
                    Well you don't know about now, that was then.. Fury's calling out Price all the time now.

Comment

Fury's game. He's ready for a Klitschko in his own words, so he must be ready for Price.

Comment

Working...
                      X