Clear All

Pacquiao beat 3 top WW'S back to back.

Floyd beat a career featherweight and blown up lightweight in Marquez
    A junior WW
    and a solid old WW

GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
      Pacquiao wins were more impressive than Mayweather. Not based on solely on the opponents but the way he's went about it. He's fighting bigger guys that are recognized in the welter division as top opposition, and man handling them in brutal fashion too. I don't think theres much of a case for Floyd apart from Mosley was an impressive win but Marquez was pretty worthless as it was well out of his comfort zone..
      wow fighting bigger guys at catchweights to make them smaller..impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
        Exactly,Floyd had the best & worst win!!But the ts forgot to point out that all 3 of Pacman's wins were against fellow stablemates at top rank & 2 were indeed at catchweights!!
        - Stablemates are OK if their names are Cotto, Clottey and Margo. All were top 147s

- Catch-weight - meaningless point when you remove the title aspect of the conversation since neither complained of it before nor after the fight. Margo got even a bonus of 3lbs over 147, his career weight. The only obvious injustice was Floyd asking the small Marquez to fight at a catch-weight then renegotiating his way out of the lower weight at the last minute!

Floyd:
        - marquez and Hatton were NOT career 147lbs. Between the 2 fighters they fought only 1 fight at 147 and didn't look good.

- Mosley is better but by the time they fought, Mosley was hitting 39, shot and gassed out in that fight. FLOYD FANS are now agreeing with that, just a few months later. Please read other threads to confirm my statement (ie. Manny thinking about Mosley as next opponent).
        Last edited by ADP02; 11-20-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
          Pacquiao beat 3 top WW'S back to back.

Floyd beat a career featherweight and blown up lightweight in Marquez
          A junior WW
          and a solid old WW

GTFO
          Skill wise Marquez & Mosley are both better than Cotto, Clottey & Margarito combined...JMM & Mosley are Hall of Famers....Cotto, Clottey & Margarito ARE NOT!

blown up lightweight? as i recall Marquez fought Diaz @135lbs...he weighed 142lbs vs Mayweather...since when is gaining 7lbs considered "BLOWN UP"?

Also why does TEAM Pac want to fight JMM @147...isnt 147lbs heavier than 142lbs? if 142lbs is BLOWN up...what is 147lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            - Stablemates are OK if their names are Cotto, Clottey and Margo. All were top 147s

- Catch-weight - meaningless point when you remove the title aspect of the conversation since neither complained of it before nor after the fight. Margo got even a bonus of 3lbs over 147, his career weight. The only obvious injustice was Floyd asking the small Marquez to fight at a catch-weight then renegotiating his way out of the lower weight at the last minute!

Floyd:
            - marquez and Hatton were NOT career 147lbs. Between the 2 fighters they fought only 1 fight at 147 and didn't look good.

- Mosley is better but by the time they foought, Mosley was hitting 39, shot and gassed out in that fight. FLOYD FANS are now agreeing with that, just a few months later. Please read other threads to confirm my statement.
            actually it was JMM who asked for catchweight NOT Mayweather
            Last edited by Cash Cow; 11-20-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Poochiao View Post
              Skill wise Marquez & Mosley are both better than Cotto, Clottey & Margarito combined...JMM & Mosley are Hall of Famers....Cotto, Clottey & Margarito ARE NOT!

blown up lightweight? as i recall Marquez fought Diaz @135lbs...he weighed 142lbs vs Mayweather...since when is gaining 7lbs considered "BLOWN UP"?

Also why does TEAM Pac want to fight JMM @147...isnt 147lbs heavier than 142lbs? if 142lbs is BLOWN up...what is 147lbs?

Marquez has lost a ton of speed at 135. He looked sluggish at WW. He was slower then Margarito. GTFO with your BS. He's a career feather weight. If Mosley was better then Cotto skill wise why did Cotto beat him? DUMBASS
              Mosley was a good win though but nothing spectacular. Barrera is a HOF to so let's give Amir ALLLLLL the credit in the world for beating him past his prime and above his best weight because it fits the ***** standards.
              They want Marquez at 147 because he is still Pac's step dad and 147 and roach knows this which is why he wants another BS advantage for Pac.
              Just fight the man at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                pound for pound doesn't matter in the real world.. divisional rankings do.
                well if divisional rankings matter why did Pac avoid the #1 WW Mosley? Didnt Mayweather fight Mosley when he was #1@ WW, #3 P4P & after Team Pac suggested Mosley drop down to 142lbs & when Mosley accepted they said he was too dangerous?...

Comment

Pac's is more impressive because he moved up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Poochiao View Post
                    well if divisional rankings matter why did Pac avoid the #1 WW Mosley? Didnt Mayweather fight Mosley when he was #1@ WW, #3 P4P & after Team Pac suggested Mosley drop down to 142lbs & when Mosley accepted they said he was too dangerous?...

you're not responding because I schooled you bro. Don't worry I still have for you lost *****s

Comment

Marquez, during preparation for Floyd said he never felt this strong and fast....we see him and his trainer using to the clock to train for speed. I honestly felt the fight was a joke....i really never gave him shot, but i heard analysts saying saying Marquez has a chance. No one gave Pac' opponents a chance going in, big men or not....Clottey was about to retire and Play soccer because he was tired of boxing and fed up with Arum tactics. Cotto was gasping for his last air, wasn't even heal properly from the clottey fight till his camp was scared that he might re-opened the cut. Margarito was always a bum and will ever be a bum. His best win was against Cotto and after viewing his recent fights God knows what was in those gloves.

I wish my body now felt how it felt two years ago, for my wife would be way more satisfied...imagine fighters who are coming off terrible beat downs who are couple years older than i am and who given their life to many years of rigorous exercise? Have any of guys participate in any sport? An athlete life is measure in months. Mayweather doesn't get a full pass either, but his wins are against guys who still had pulses.

When Hatton knocked out castillo with that body punch in the 4th everyone said that hatton was gonna kill Mayweather, sorry Pac-fans, u guys weren't around then, but that don't mean it didn't happen. My point is, quit with the childish crap, it can be tit for tat. I want to see the fight, but it's attitude like this that's killing the sport. We need more top fighters not one person on top, so while elevating Manny stop trying to bring other fighters down. Imagine the sport with more than one fighter on top, i would have to find a new date night with my wife...lol. Anyways, Pac deserves his place just not someone else's lets elevate more fighters maybe our sport can get back to mainstream just saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X