Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haymon with wayyyyy more news coming

Haymon is currently in negotiations with:
    CBS, CBS SportsNet & S P I K E TV
    He is doing more then bringing Boxing back to network TV.

The PBC will soon be announced as a league and no fighters in it will be part of WBC, WBA etc.

With his own league The Ali Act will no longer apply as there are no "promoters" much like the UFC or WWE. Fighters will sign Non-Compete Clauses and will have guaranteed purses and percentage of event profits built into contracts.

Think everyone should take notice...guy is trying something. Good or bad....we are gonna see good fights on regular TV and soon more then on just NBC. What I find interesting is the 2 biggest networks known for sports:

ABC/ESPN & Fox

Are not involved. I see Haymon planning on starting a legit sports league on both NBC and CBS and in 2 years when the contracts are up the prayer is the 2 sports networks bid like crazy against each other for all the rights.

if this ends up working...RIP UFC

War Haymon!!!!

Comment

Source OP?

Comment

I hope ur right. Would be great

Comment

Creating their own belts? Limiting fighters to only fight other fighters in the PBC?

No thanks.

Comment

So it would be only 1 champion in each division, and if a fight gets a guaranteed percentage of the profits then they will make a lot more money. The bigger the fight the more money you get so fighters if they want to really get paid would have to face the best opposition out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              Creating their own belts? Limiting fighters to only fight other fighters in the PBC?

No thanks.
              I agree....sounds a bit dodgy!!

Comment

So kinda like ufc. But the great thing about boxing is how guys can come out of nowhere and make it to the top. Guess we'll see how it ends up. And where's the source

Comment

That sounds like a horrible idea to me. Monopolies of any kind are always bad.

Dude is either gonna crash and burn or change the boxing landscape in the US for better or worst...interesting to see how it all plays out...

Also interesting that he obviously already reached out to John McCain in search of political will

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrat View Post
                    if this ends up working...RIP UFC

War Haymon!!!!
                    ?? but its still not MMA though. so why would this kill the UFC?

MMA and the UFC are here to stay, the amount of gyms opening up in the world and the talent getting into mma is crazy and wont be stopped.

I love both sports

Comment

Working...
                    X