Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture this....Las Vegas, a few weeks ago...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture this....Las Vegas, a few weeks ago...

IF you've never been to a big fight weekend in Las Vegas or to an event (Sanction body convention, IBWAA dinner, etc)it really is a boxing lovers dream....for example, a few weeksa go I'm at the Mirage...after the WBC dinner, just hanging out...myself along with two-time USA Olympian (1980 and 1984) Robert Shannon and former KRONK lightweight Bret Summers are walking around and we end up at the usual spot that week, just outside this lounge in the hotel...boxers and boxing people are hanging out, we are all talking, etc...so i see BOXING NEWS (UK) editor Tris Dixon right inside the lounge (I write for them sometimes) and i head over to say hello...its about midnight...we are talking and suddenly he says to me, "John, you know Ricky Hatton right?" Introduces me to Ricky, who I didnt realize was sitting in a chair right next to him...then it dawns on me that the guy Tris is talking to when I approach is JOE CALZAGHE...JC was very cool, we hung out and talked for a while...a few minutes after we finish talking I see Carlos Zarate walking casually by and I stop him for a photo...very nice guy...literally within 30 seconds of that I see Nigel Benn walking my way and we start talking to him, too....just a REALLY cool cat, really down to earth guy...matter of fact, the very next morning in the lobby he saw me on way out with my bags and he walked across the lobby to give me a hug goodbye...class act...ALL the events (dinners, conventions etc) are like this...as a boxing fan I suggest you save up and go to one someday, DEFINITELY worth it...

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    IF you've never been to a big fight weekend in Las Vegas or to an event (Sanction body convention, IBWAA dinner, etc)it really is a boxing lovers dream....for example, a few weeksa go I'm at the Mirage...after the WBC dinner, just hanging out...myself along with two-time USA Olympian (1980 and 1984) Robert Shannon and former KRONK lightweight Bret Summers are walking around and we end up at the usual spot that week, just outside this lounge in the hotel...boxers and boxing people are hanging out, we are all talking, etc...so i see BOXING NEWS (UK) editor Tris Dixon right inside the lounge (I write for them sometimes) and i head over to say hello...its about midnight...we are talking and suddenly he says to me, "John, you know Ricky Hatton right?" Introduces me to Ricky, who I didnt realize was sitting in a chair right next to him...then it dawns on me that the guy Tris is talking to when I approach is JOE CALZAGHE...JC was very cool, we hung out and talked for a while...a few minutes after we finish talking I see Carlos Zarate walking casually by and I stop him for a photo...very nice guy...literally within 30 seconds of that I see Nigel Benn walking my way and we start talking to him, too....just a REALLY cool cat, really down to earth guy...matter of fact, the very next morning in the lobby he saw me on way out with my bags and he walked across the lobby to give me a hug goodbye...class act...ALL the events (dinners, conventions etc) are like this...as a boxing fan I suggest you save up and go to one someday, DEFINITELY worth it...
    Any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
      Any pictures?
      Of course LOL...let me just figure out how to get them on here

Comment

In for pics

Comment

Of course LOL...let me just figure out how to get them on here
          Lol. What I usually do is upload pictures to tinypic . Com and it will give u an link to link the picture on any forum

Comment

Comment

Comment

All I'm getting is a smaller blue square with a question mark on it

Comment

this is a very nice photo John

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
                    All I'm getting is a smaller blue square with a question mark on it

Comment

Working...
                    X