Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it upset Floyd haters knowing that Ali was just as hated as he was at the time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it upset Floyd haters knowing that Ali was just as hated as he was at the time?

Question for those who claim Floyd isn't the greatest of this era and haters alike.

Does it upset you knowing that Muhammad Ali, known as the best fighter to ever walk the face of the earth was just as hated as Floyd Mayweather is during his run? Yet is widely regarded to as the G.O.A.T.?

Is this foreshadowing? Why is it that a man so hated in the boxing community, better yet, in the entire world is widely considered the best fighter to ever step foot in a boxing ring? Ali is without a doubt the greatest fighter of all time but it took a couple years for people to acknowledge it due to the blind and emotional hatred they held for that man.

Down the line in a few years I think Mayweather will get the same recognition he deserves, despite all of the blind and emotional hatred he receives from casual boxing fans. Give or take a few years to marinate, and you'll look back at his career and see that he only took the best challenges available to him and never lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
      Question for those who claim Floyd isn't the greatest of this era and haters alike.

Does it upset you knowing that Muhammad Ali, known as the best fighter to ever walk the face of the earth was just as hated as Floyd Mayweather is during his run? Yet is widely regarded to as the G.O.A.T.?

Is this foreshadowing? Why is it that a man so hated in the boxing community, better yet, in the entire world is widely considered the best fighter to ever step foot in a boxing ring? Ali is without a doubt the greatest fighter of all time but it took a couple years for people to acknowledge it due to the blind and emotional hatred they held for that man.

Down the line in a few years I think Mayweather will get the same recognition he deserves, despite all of the blind and emotional hatred he receives from casual boxing fans. Give or take a few years to marinate, and you'll look back at his career and see that he only took the best challenges available to him and never lost.
      Alright, thanks for the heads up, Larry. Is this your homework, Larry?

Comment

The Hatred for Ali thou was more because of Politics and race. The hate for PBF is because he is ducking sociopath who is more worried about his egg then facing the best.

Ali may have been a racist but he fought the best. I may not like his antics but I respect him as a fighter. PBF I can't stand either his antics or him as a fighter.

Comment

The difference is that Ali fought the fights that boxing/fans wanted to see the majority of the times compared to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
            The Hatred for Ali thou was more because of Politics and race.
            SMH...and you think anything has changed? You tell me isn't it an odd occurrence that the same group of fans don't like Floyd along with Ward, Rigo, BHop, GRJr, Love, Bey, Crawford, Bradley and so on?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              The difference is that Ali fought the fights that boxing/fans wanted to see the majority of the times compared to Floyd.
              Who exactly should Floyd be fighting right now (realistically) instead of Maidana?

Comment

Just as hated?

Ali was 1,000 times more hated than Mayweather could ever hope to be. I don't recall anybody ever refusing to call Floyd by his name, protesting his very presence in the streets wherever he went, or threatening him with death.

Ali was hated because he was an outspoken black radical. Mayweather is hated because he's a mouthy, insecure, and immature turd sandwich.

Comment

Comment

Who exactly should Floyd be fighting right now (realistically) instead of Maidana?
                    Not Maidana that's for sure. Let's not forget he faked retired like a bitch. But I'm sure I'm talking to a wall since you claim Peterson/Bey are clean boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X