Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shane Mosley Past His Prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in potential fights with mayweather and cotto, he gets beat.

hatton becomes shane's victim, however. that doesn't make him upper-echelon elite though.

shane's been past his prime, he used to be better than floyd IMO. he is no where near floyd now.

Comment

in my opinion is the final chapter of his prime career maybe this year

Comment

1st of all.. mosley offered maywether 15 million. and hatton offered him 10 million.. mayweather is tkaing less money for the easier fight end of story.. And its cool some yall think Floyd is better than Shane, but can one of you tell Floyd that??? Cause its obvious he isnt as confident with the bogus excuses he makes... Floyd wants to hold the p4p title with his life... sad..

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          He is By no means SHOT... and so naturally talented that even past his prime.. he is an upper echlon fighter.. BUT past his PRIME he is...

EDIT I cant vote on your Poll.. due the questions as always not being subjective enough.. I would have voted for a LIttle past his prime..
          Agree with you 100%. While no longer in his prime he is still arguably the #1 guy and easily top 3 in the toughest deepest division in boxing today.

Comment

All I can say is if he's past it, it's pretty incredible he was able to win every round against a guy that had Hatton in trouble. Speaks worlds about Mosley or means Hatton is crap.

He's not that far past his best, ladies and gents. Look at his rematch with Vargas (I know, it's Vargas), but Mosley was spectacular.

Comment

Mosley's prime was at 147 the first time. He's good but is past his prime a little and at 35 any elite fighter who takes him on can expect criticism for picking on a past-prime fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                He is By no means SHOT... and so naturally talented that even past his prime.. he is an upper echlon fighter.. BUT past his PRIME he is...

EDIT I cant vote on your Poll.. due the questions as always not being subjective enough.. I would have voted for a LIttle past his prime..
                This is how I see it as well.

Comment

He aint "Past" his prime yet. He still has a few more fights left in him before he's past his prime though. But I like Mosley though, I really hope he gets another chance at a title before retiring preferably Mayweather though.

Comment

The fight with Collazo proved that he wasn't past his prime!

Comment

Of course Mosley is past his prime. He is still a decent fighter, but not nearly as good as people like to give him credit for. He's still solid in all areas, but he would struggle with any top fighters at 147 or 154.

Comment

Working...
                      X