No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Haye Backs Fury, Tells Him Keep Bashing Price

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Haye Backs Fury, Tells Him Keep Bashing Price

David Haye has urged Tyson Fury to continue trash talking after ruling himself out of a domestic showdown with rising star David Price.

Fury is potentially facing censure from the British Boxing Board of Control for a series of inflammatory, expletive-filled rants aimed at Price following his first-round demolition of Audley Harrison on Saturday night.

The emphatic nature of Price's victory - he disposed of Harrison in 82 seconds - led promoter Frank Maloney to suggest Haye was a realistic future opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

David Haye is ducking David Price, and instead wants to fight a very similar age 41 fighter.

Comment

Its a pity that this is now how you get the big fights in boxing. Haye, as a veteran, shouldn't really be encouraging Fury, a prospect, in this way. It shouldn't be how young guys look to get their big breaks. Its pretty pathetic.

Comment

Haye can't be ducking Price. Price hasn't done anything yet to earn a spot against the Top 3 HW's. Haye should go after Povetkin at least. It seems to be Vitali or bust for him, which is sad because he'd beat every other HW aside from the Klitschko's.

Fury did duck Price though. I did hear a rumor that Fury dropped Price in the amateurs though, is there any truth to that???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Haye can't be ducking Price. Price hasn't done anything yet to earn a spot against the Top 3 HW's. Haye should go after Povetkin at least. It seems to be Vitali or bust for him, which is sad because he'd beat every other HW aside from the Klitschko's.

Fury did duck Price though. I did hear a rumor that Fury dropped Price in the amateurs though, is there any truth to that???
          Yeah its true. It wasn't exactly a clean knockdown though, they were both punching, neither landing much, and Price was off balance, Fury caught him around the back(ish) of the head and he went over. It was nothing really, may have even been called a slip in the pros. Price got up and beat him.

Comment

Price destroyed Audrey in round one, while Haye was afraid to throw a punch!

Exactly who has Haye beaten to make him so great in your mind? Chisora, who was coming off several losses, or an old shot Ruiz?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Exactly who has Haye beaten to make him so great in your mind? Chisora, who was coming off several losses, or an old shot Ruiz?
              Haye isn't great, I dont think he was saying that. He simply said that he believes Haye is the 3rd best HW at the moment. Can you really argue with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Price should fight Fury, end of story. Those two need to fight, to determine who gets a much bigger fight at HW after that. I don't think Haye is that great, but I'd pick him to beat any HW not named Klitschko. Chisora lost to Fury, should have beaten Helenius, and actually gave Vitali a decent fight, unlike most of these crappy HW's out there.

But Haye should really fight others instead of Klitschko's, and it's dumb that he isn't. He could be fighting Povetkin, Adamek, Boytsov, other HW's as well. He's putting all his eggs in one basket, dumb move.

But Price should beat Fury himself, or at least someone like Chisora, Helenius, or even Chagaev before he fights a Haye. Haye beating Chisora the way he did was a bit of a statement.

Anyways, any truth to Fury dropping Price in the amateurs??? Since you only care for HW's 90% of the time, I figured you'd know if there was any truth to that.

Also, what's funny is you're discrediting Haye, who is probably Wlad's best win along with Chris Byrd. Those are the two best fighters Wlad's beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
                  Haye isn't great, I dont think he was saying that. He simply said that he believes Haye is the 3rd best HW at the moment. Can you really argue with that?
                  Haye's had one win in the past two years over a boxer who was coming off a series of losses, including one to Tyson Fury.

Haye doesn't have a single win over a LEGIT top ten heavyweight (except old, plodding Valuev, who had received a gift decision over old Holyfield in his previous fight and wasn't really top ten. Because he also had a gift decisions over John Ruiz and old Larry Donald, Valuev should never have had the WBA title, they took it from Chagaev).
                  Last edited by The Hammer; 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Also, what's funny is you're discrediting Haye, who is probably Wlad's best win along with Chris Byrd. Those are the two best fighters Wlad's beaten.
                    I don't consider Haye one of Wlad's best 5 wins and said so many times. Byrd, Ibragimov, Chagaev, prime McCline, 2005 Peter and a couple of others are better wins than Haye.

What does Haye have in common with all the other boxers you like?

Comment

Working...
                    X