No announcement yet.

Bellew vs Chilemba/Matthews vs Crolla/Undercard RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I had Bellew winning the first 6 rounds clearly in my opinion, Chilemba showed me some slick defensive skills but offensively he was worse than Bellew in the first half which is saying a lot. He has himself to blame in not getting the victory, he should have adjusted a lot sooner. In a rematch he should win easily, I don't think Bellew is capable of making the much needed adjustment, as rounds 7-12 showed.
    I don't see how Bellew clearly won the first 6 rounds

In every one of those rounds Chilemba landed the cleaner, crisper, more effective punches.

He showed better defense.

He caused Bellew to have ineffective aggression.

The only thing he didn't do (As much as the last 6 rounds) was dictacte the pace but he still cut Bellew's workrate down more than he would have liked.

I can see,maybe, if you give Bellew every single benefit of the doubt, someone giving Bellew rounds 1-6. That said, even Jim Watt didn't give Bellew Rounds 1-6.

But, there is absolutely no way that Bellew clearly won rounds 1-6. There is just simply no way.

He may have been negative, he may have been taking his time to get his timing and work him out. Which may have cost him rounds, but like I said, absolutely no way did he lose all 6 of those 6 rounds in a decisive manner.

Comment

• And I was rooting for Bellew quite heavily going into this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I don't see how Bellew clearly won the first 6 rounds

In every one of those rounds Chilemba landed the cleaner, crisper, more effective punches.

He showed better defense.

He caused Bellew to have ineffective aggression.

The only thing he didn't do (As much as the last 6 rounds) was dictacte the pace but he still cut Bellew's workrate down more than he would have liked.

I can see,maybe, if you give Bellew every single benefit of the doubt, someone giving Bellew rounds 1-6. That said, even Jim Watt didn't give Bellew Rounds 1-6.

But, there is absolutely no way that Bellew clearly won rounds 1-6. There is just simply no way.

He may have been negative, he may have been taking his time to get his timing and work him out. Which may have cost him rounds, but like I said, absolutely no way did he lose all 6 of those 6 rounds in a decisive manner.
        Clearly no, wrong choice of word, but nonetheless I struggled to give Chilemba any of the first 6 rounds, offensively he wasn't doing anything.

Comment

Clearly no, wrong choice of word, but nonetheless I struggled to give Chilemba any of the first 6 rounds, offensively he wasn't doing anything.
          I think 1 and 2 were Bellew rounds and 3 Chilemba didn't do much despite again landing the cleaner punches and cutting Bellew's workrate

4 was a swing round.

And 5 and 6 you could definitely argue quite strongly both for Chilemba.

Offensively he wasn't doing much but neither was Bellew, Bellew was throwing more and missing most of his punches whilst Chilemba was picking sharp accurate clean shots just seldomly as opposed to 7-12.

In every single round apart from the first and for arguments sake the second, Chilemba was beating Bellew in 3 of 4 scoring critieria and Bellew was by no means the clear ring general in any round other than the first.

Comment

I think 1 and 2 were Bellew rounds and 3 Chilemba didn't do much despite again landing the cleaner punches and cutting Bellew's workrate

4 was a swing round.

And 5 and 6 you could definitely argue quite strongly both for Chilemba.

Offensively he wasn't doing much but neither was Bellew, Bellew was throwing more and missing most of his punches whilst Chilemba was picking sharp accurate clean shots just seldomly as opposed to 7-12.

In every single round apart from the first and for arguments sake the second, Chilemba was beating Bellew in 3 of 4 scoring critieria and Bellew was by no means the clear ring general in any round other than the first.
            The 4th was close that I remember, still had it for Bellew. Round 9 was another close round, but I had it for Chilemba, Bellew almost stole it. Just one of those weird fights where I had one dude winning the first 6 and the other winning the entire second half. My score may change if I re-watch it again, but I was really discontent with the offense that was being displayed in the first half, Chilemba then picked it up in the second. If we want to talk about overall better work, punches landed, ring generalship then that's Chilemba of course, I think he established himself as the better fighter even in me having the fight a draw, next time he needs to adjust sooner though.

Comment

The 4th was close that I remember, still had it for Bellew. Round 9 was another close round, but I had it for Chilemba, Bellew almost stole it. Just one of those weird fights where I had one dude winning the first 6 and the other winning the entire second half. My score may change if I re-watch it again, but I was really discontent with the offense that was being displayed in the first half, Chilemba then picked it up in the second. If we want to talk about overall better work, punches landed, ring generalship then that's Chilemba of course, I think he established himself as the better fighter even in me having the fight a draw, next time he needs to adjust sooner though.
              Like I said, I could see someone giving Bellew Rounds 1-6 but it's hard for me to see it. You'd have to give him every benefit of every doubt just to maybe give him every single one of those rounds. Especially both 5 and 6.

I suppose you could argue all of those rounds for him but like I said you'd have to give him every single benefit of the doubt. When Jim Watt can't give him all those rounds you know it's hard to give him all those rounds.

I agree with what you're saying. He was negative, and it definitely cost him a few rounds but it's hard for me to give Bellew rounds when he's walking in, missing wildly and Chilemba is tagging him with a clean, crisp right hand walking in and beautifully slipping out the way straight after. He may have been doing it seldom but when he's landing the best punches of the rounds, cleanly, rocking Bellew's head back and making him miss wildly it's hard for me to give Bellew those rounds.

Comment

Like I said, I could see someone giving Bellew Rounds 1-6 but it's hard for me to see it. You'd have to give him every benefit of every doubt just to maybe give him every single one of those rounds. Especially both 5 and 6.

I suppose you could argue all of those rounds for him but like I said you'd have to give him every single benefit of the doubt. When Jim Watt can't give him all those rounds you know it's hard to give him all those rounds.

I agree with what you're saying. He was negative, and it definitely cost him a few rounds but it's hard for me to give Bellew rounds when he's walking in, missing wildly and Chilemba is tagging him with a clean, crisp right hand walking in and beautifully slipping out the way straight after. He may have been doing it seldom but when he's landing the best punches of the rounds, cleanly, rocking Bellew's head back and making him miss wildly it's hard for me to give Bellew those rounds.
                In all fairness I think I could say, Chilemba clearly won rounds 7-12 though, the only round he could have been given due to how close it was, and Bellew actually hurting Chilemba was the 9th, but even then that's a stretch in my opinion. The 9th was one of Chilemba's best rounds up until the last 20 seconds I think. Whats your scorecard round by round?

Comment

In all fairness I think I could say, Chilemba clearly won rounds 7-12 though, the only round he could have been given due to how close it was, and Bellew actually hurting Chilemba was the 9th, but even then that's a stretch in my opinion. The 9th was one of Chilemba's best rounds up until the last 20 seconds I think. Whats your scorecard round by round?
                  Bellew-Chilemba

1. 10-9
                  2. 10-9
                  3. 10-9
                  4. 9-10
                  5. 9-10
                  6. 9-10
                  7. 9-10
                  8. 9-10
                  9. 10-9
                  10.9-10
                  11.9-10
                  12.10-9

115-113 Chilemba

Rounds 12, 9, 4 were close rounds IMO and 5 and 6 although I'd say were Chilemba rounds you could give Bellew so basically a very close fight that could have gone either way. I can't argue with a draw and I wouldn't argue if Bellew won.

I wouldn't argue if someone had Chilemba winning every round after the 4th.

Comment

• was anyone here at this? What was going on in the crowd during the 1st half of the Crolla Mathews fight? (enjoyed that fight, hope they fight again) Was there a fight cos everyone i could see in the crowd was looking at something else for pretty much 2 rounds

Bellow fight was ****, hopefully i wont have to sit through that again but as its an eliminator ill probably have to. And why Rocky Fielding has been on tv as many times as he has is beyond me

Comment

• Bellews ****, tries to knock you out with every punch he throws.

Comment

Working...
                      X