Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Past Fighters that would have been great in junior divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Fighters that would have been great in junior divisions?

Name fighters from the past that would have been great in junior divisions not around at their time. For example Sugar Ray Robinson around the late 40's struggling to make welterweight would have made a great light- middleweight IMO.

Rocky Marciano and Jack Dempsey at Cruiserweight.

Harry Greb Super Middle. (Has a lot of fights at 167ish if I remember correctly against LHW's.)

Comment

rosenbloom at 168

armstrong at 130 and 140

dempsey and marciano at CW

patterson at CW as well

ross at 140

barbados walcott at 140

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Harry Greb Super Middle. (Has a lot of fights at 167ish if I remember correctly against LHW's.)
        stole my damn thundah!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Harry Greb vs Roy Jones Super middle!!

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            Harry Greb vs Roy Jones Super middle!!
            Don't want to go down that route haha. Always ends in conflict.

Roy TKO.

Comment

Dick Tiger 168

Comment

Carmen Basilio 154.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  rosenbloom at 168

armstrong at 130 and 140

dempsey and marciano at CW

patterson at CW as well

ross at 140

barbados walcott at 140
                  Armstrong would have been a beast at 140, I don't think he really ever weighed above that in his entire career.

Comment

So far all the boxers named didn't need any help at anything! I think of Iran Barkley at 158 and all the effort it took once he matured to make 160, he could have benefited from the 165 to 168 class but theres not as much money at that weight and rightfully so. I don't care for Jr. weight classes once your a top twenty fighter you need to be disciplined about your body and if its not realistic to get to a weight you move up. As for Marciano and especially Dempsey benefitting to move to a Jr. weight class thats ridiculous they were the undisputed champions of the world!!! The only benefits would be to the guys who had to fight them as heavies that didn't if they moved.
                    After 176lbs your a heavyweight thats boxing, its all about desire and talent and conditioning. You can have size differences but unless you know how to use them they'll be used against you. Body strength is obviously very important but the mental strength and desires are too when all things are equal then strategy is important and a wise corner can win fights just as idiots loose them. Boxing====Chess with consequences! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X