No announcement yet.

Frank Thomas Retired Today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Thomas Retired Today

One of the greatest pure hitters of all-time retired today. The Big Hurt was dominant in his time and played the game the right way, the clean way.

.301 Batting Average
    521 Home Runs
    2468 Hits
    1704 RBI
    2x (Back to back) AL MVP
    4x Silver Slugger
    5x All-Star
    2005 World Series Champion

Thomas is the only player in major league history to have seven consecutive seasons of a .300 average and at least 100 walks, 100 runs, 100 runs batted in, and 20 home runs (from 1991 to 1997).[8] The only other player to have more than five consecutive seasons accomplishing this feat was Ted Williams with six.[8] This accomplishment is even more remarkable considering that he played only 113 games in 1994, due to the strike.

Had Thomas stayed healthy through the late stages of his White Sox career his numbers would have been even more incredible.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...rducci.thomas/

Great article on Frank. Big Hurt, my favorite player all-time and a future Hall of Famer!

Big Hurt....................Best DH of all time?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

about time , big frank. South side go sox!!!!! ^^^^^^ ahem Edgar Martinez Best DH!!!!

Comment

Go-Go Whitesox!

Big Hurt was an *******, but he was a clean *******. That's why I'll always have an ounce of respect for him. I wish he would've been on board with us, when we won the World Series.

Big Hurt's first at bat.

Notice who is on the On-deck circle. Lmao

Comment

To me Frank is a hall of famer. He is one of the few guys that I think was clean. In the 90s he was so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Go-Go Whitesox!

Big Hurt was an *******, but he was a clean *******. That's why I'll always have an ounce of respect for him. I wish he would've been on board with us, when we won the World Series.

Big Hurt's first at bat.

Notice who is on the On-deck circle. Lmao
            Frank was actually pretty personable when I got his autograph as a boy. James Toney, another guy who has a reputation as being an *******, was a nice guy when I met him too.

Frank had his problems with the way the end of his career was handled and specifically, Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf. I don't know if that makes him an *******. I don't know if he's an ******* because he put a lot of emphasis on his numbers either. I think he was a particular guy and he certainly could have handled his approach to commentary on the organization differently, but Kenny Williams is just as much of an ******* and the blame falls on both of them.

Still, the hatchet is buried and both men have seemingly moved on. Frank retires the greatest White Sox player of all-time. I'm happy I got to watch him during his prime. Incredible hitter.

Comment

I think he had the right to be mad. He was outspoken against PED use. He should have been a star right along with Sosa, Bonds, and McGwire, but all 3 were cheating *******s.

I'm happy he had the integrity and self-respect to not cheat himself

Comment

Working...
              X