No announcement yet.

First Day Back In Gym (video inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Back In Gym (video inside)

What's up guys.. Last year I was suppose to have a fight... in November.. and I started training for it some of you guys may remember some may not... but that was my first time back in gym in about 8 yrs or so.. well that fight fell thru.. and I stopped.. but now its that time again.. so Im back in the gym now trying to get ready for this fight thanksgiving eve.. I'm hella rusty since I haven't boxed in a long time.. but looking forward to getting ready for this fight.. and sharing with you guys on here

Not going to spar for another week or so.. just trying to get back in to shape and get use to throwing punches again.. feels weird shadow boxing etc.
    Last edited by McAlister; 09-27-2016, 11:16 AM.

Not a fan of the music in the video, but keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
      What's up guys.. Last year I was suppose to have a fight... in November.. and I started training for it some of you guys may remember some may not... but that was my first time back in gym in about 8 yrs or so.. well that fight fell thru.. and I stopped.. but now its that time again.. so Im back in the gym now trying to get ready for this fight thanksgiving eve.. I'm hella rusty since I haven't boxed in a long time.. but looking forward to getting ready for this fight.. and sharing with you guys on here

Not going to spar for another week or so.. just trying to get back in to shape and get use to throwing punches again.. feels weird shadow boxing etc.
      Good luck man! Dont forget the jumprope!!

Comment

You look pretty sharp considering you haven't been training for a long time! Maybe put some more into that right hand tho. Kind of looks like a hard jab from the angle in the video.

Comment

Best of luck, man! Always good to see guys jumping back into their pursuits and staying healthy.
          If I could offer a comment, watch out about curling those wrists. You don't wanna roll your wrist in training and get set back again.

Comment

Good luck. A few suggestions to try;

The bottom of the speed bag should be at your chin height. (yours is to low)
            Both hands need to be at your chin not at your side.
            Your hitting the bag wrong, you need to work "fist & hammer-- (side of your fists) with the same hand then switch to the other hand when you want to. Find a video on the correct technique it will help you immensely.
            I have no idea why all those skinny bags are all hanging the way they are. There's no way to work around in a circle, you can't even work 180 degrees.

Just a few suggestions, I trained amateurs and pros for a long time!

Ray

Comment

You look tense/tight....your chin is high too, especially when you punch, don't wait a week to get in shape again.....start sparring now, at least 3 rounds....that should tell you exactly what kind of shape you're in as far as where your cardio is at.....no need to wait. Just suit up and get in there.....just my 2 cents.

Comment

Thanks for the input... Hit the gym again tomorrow will try to get some more footage

current weight 186 projected fight weight 165/170 range (if possible) about 8 weeks and change until fight (most of my weight is fat in my gut area.. huge belly would be great if I can get that off by fight night)
                Last edited by McAlister; 09-25-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

FYI.. the last time I had a fight.. I fought at 144... and this was 7/8 yrs ago... eeeekss lol looks like ill be banging with the big boys now

Comment

FYI.. the last time I had a fight.. I fought at 144... and this was 7/8 yrs ago... eeeekss lol looks like ill be banging with the big boys now
                    That's quite a step up in weight there. Keep doing your thing. You'll get your form back. Looking good.

On a side note. The first still shot of the video, before you hit play, shows you on the power deck with the white dude in the wife beater in the foreground. I said to myself, "I know this can't be him..." lol

Comment

Working...
                    X