Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Sends Counter-Offer Terms For Canelo PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zic View Post
    If Canelo put an offer on the table for Jacobs or BJS, who do you think they going to choose to fight Canelo o GGG?
    It's not going to happen:

1. Canelo isn't going to do that. He's injured, Jacobs is the mandatory to GG, and Oscar would never let him fight those guys without having a safe MW fight beforehand.

2. GG's performance against Brook as given guys like Jacobs and BJS a huge confidence boost.

Canelo is not in a great position at the moment.
    Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      Alvarez took 25% to Cotto's 75%. Alvarez only made $5M to Cotto's $15M.
      GGG is turning down $10M Guaranteed.

Alvarez was on the same level as Cotto if not higher and he conceded to Cotto's demands.

LOL at lil G thinks he's a bigger star than both.

lol If i were Canelo i'd tell Mr. 97k to **** off. I have no idea why they even offered 10M to lil G. Dude is worth $5M tops. and that 5M is probably twice as much or even close to triple of his highest purse.
      A ******ed post.

Stop comparing other fights with this one.

Nobody with any business acumen would accept a flat fee a year out for a fight of this magnitude.

$5m?

You ****ing idiot.

What will the fight gross?

Give me an estimated figure.

Take out GG's $5-10m.

Canelo doesn't deserve that share.

He's not a huge superstar like Cotto and Floyd etc.

Going into the Cotto fight, Cotto was the champ.

Going into this fight, GG may own every belt in the division.

Canelo cannot move up into GG's domain for a chance of winning all of his belts for almost all of the purse. Don't be ridiculous.

A flat fee is horse manure.

Canelo hasn't got a ton of options at this specific moment in time and who else can he fight that can bring him the same amount of money?

You guys kill me.

The tide is about to turn.

GG had good ratings with Brook, and that will continue if he fights Jacobs and BJS. What's Canelo going to do in the meantime? He'll be sat at home watching until he fights a safety fight at the new weight.
      Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• asking for 60-40 is basically saying we'd be delighted with 70-30 and would probably settle for 80-20

Comment

• Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
          Hey ****** Canelo already said he does not care about the belts hence dumping the WBC. All the belts GGG possesses are meaningless to ginger who holds the record for this year of most PPVs roughly 1.4mill + whatever the Beefy fight comes out to be. remind me again how many does GGG has? ¿¿¿90K???
          Hey ******, Canelo DOES care about the belts.

Check it out when he beat Cotto.

You're kidding yourself.

Fighting for every belt at the weight is a huge deal.

He didn't dump the belt because he didn't care, he dumped it because GG was his mandatory.

If his mandatory was Wade or someone, it would still be around his waist.

It wasn't a business decision, it was Oscar's fear.

Comment

• Don't negotiate the money, negotiate on the fight date for now.. When the fight nears, accept the money, beat the **** out of him & give a 5mil flat fee + some upside in a rematch if Ginger wants it..
            Last edited by BoxingFan85; 09-22-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Even the Golovkin fans don't agree with you that's how ******ed you are.
              Shut up you clown.

Canelo can have the bigger overall split.

NOBODY accepts a flat fee a year out from what will be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time.

That my friend, would be like you: VERY SIMPLE.
              Last edited by robertzimmerman; 09-22-2016, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• and lilgina is clearly the B side here....

here we go!

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                  canelo has a big ego, he aint going to pay ggg more than what he made vs floyd, ggg is asking for a middle finger...
                  Again, let him give GG the middle finger.

GG is looking to secure big fights with BJS and Jacobs.

What's Canelo going to do? Who's he going to fight at MW?

He hasn't got lots of great options, and if GG becomes the undisputed MW champ, Oscar will be put under enormous pressure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    GGG will offer fair terms as always and if Canelo stops ducking him, Canelo will agree to fair terms and they will fight each other
                    there you go lilgina fans sayin that ggg should make no sacrifices in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by b d w View Post
                      I can't help but think about Bernard Hopkins in all of this. He knew he had to take short money against De la Fishnets, but he also knew that 8 figures is nothing to be sneezed at and a win would make him a superstar which it did.

I'm a BIG Triple G fan and feel that Canelo's team have avoided him, but in this case he should just take the 10 mill, beat the crap out of him and move on to other fights. manny's team was able to negotiate a % because Manny was a huge PPV star in his own right, something that Golovkin can't claim at this stage.

Loeffler isn't playing this one smart IMHO.
                      It's so easy to say that though mate.

It's like saying "I wish Manny would have just accepted the flat fee in the hope of kicking Floyd's ass and becoming the king of boxing"

You have 2 egos and they both need each other.

Loeffler is being very smart.

A high profile businessman does not accept $10m from a what will be one of the highest grossing fights of all time.

Only an absolute moron would accept that. Canelo doesn't deserve that much more than GG.

Comment

Working...
                      X