No announcement yet.

Why does Manny Pacman arm punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    I get what TS is saying. Like when Manny does those quick 1-2s on the mits. A lot of fighters do that. It just builds speed in the shoulders and arms. It's a way to fatigue your shoulder muscles out, and not rely on your legs to give you a base.

It's not a big deal, just something fighters do to condition their shoulders.
    Yea thats exactly it, I see thankyou.

Comment

As long as one is heavy handed and knows how to set up, nothing wrong with arm punching, Golovkin is a good example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Dont get me wrong in a real fight he puts some serious body torque behind his punches but on a training video I saw it.

Like there are clips of his hand speed and it is extremely fast, but he dosnt put his hips into each punch, if he did it would have been alot slower (in succession one after the next)

I presume its some kind of training method, but I cant see how it would help!?

Why does he do it?

Also the speed bag, for some reason does seem to help, but its odd, you dont arm punch in boxing unless its a jab, and the way you hit the speed bag is nothing like the way you throw a punch not even a jab, so what exactly is it for?
        A lot of the power in punch comes from the speed (actually the acceleration) of the punch. You need to be quick, loose, and agile - and you have to train for that as well as power. Timing comes not only from anticipation of what your opponent will do but by putting your body in position through footwork and through shifting weight. You have to train for this. Now combine speed, timing and add to it your whole weight and you get Tyson / Pacquiao highlight KOs.

Comment

you do not arm punch with a jab man who told you that?you put your shoulder and your legs into it

Comment

pacquiao isn't an arm puncher you ******

Comment

the last punches in pac's combinations are really arm punches but that's what makes him special because he can still generate power with those punches.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                I mean in training videos only he dosnt do it in his real fights...

In his training video he threw loads of arm punches really fast! I have no idea why.
                maybe just to work on his explosiveness??

Comment

That is not arm punching. Ever see anybody generate as much power punching up like that? And where is he getting the leverage for that power? Guys look but don't see.

Comment

every punch doesn't have to be full power. those punches are just feeling out range finders. and he lands with the full power shots when he knows its there.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X