Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did HBO Drop Wladimor Klitscko after these fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people just forget that WLADIMIR was MORE HYPED THAN MAYWEATHER.

The HBO MACHINE was 100% behind Wladimir and gave him more chances than they ever gave Mayweather.

They hyped him to Hell and he got knocked out against Sanders. They CONTINUED hyping him and he got knocked out against Brewster.. THEY CONTINUED TO HYPE HIM into the Sultan fight and he gave us the worst fight in Heavyweight TITLE History(killing Burt Sugar in the process) THEY EVEN GAVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE against Haye and he fuked that up as well.

Wladimir Klitschko was given chance after chance.. so shut the Hell up with that 'oh he never got a chance' bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      mayweather absolutely has a more educated right hand than wladimir klitschko. surely you cannot be serious.
      ahaha you are trolling right, wlad is not only better looking for tv than mayweather, his boxing is far more fun. The right hand he landed on Thompson in the 5th round is better than mayweathers whole career.

You do realise his right hand has given him a 15 percent better ko ration than Mayflower right???

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        No relevant US HW.
        Just about sums it up.

Comment

If Wlad was to fight like a power punching killer like GGG, he would be appreciated more by fans n networks of the USA. He's also way too big n backed to fight the way he does. GGG has a lot of buzz n he's not American. HBO is loving him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post

The HBO MACHINE was 100% behind Wladimir and gave him more chances than they ever gave Mayweather. \
            HBO did indeed try to sell Wladimir to the American fans, but it just didn't take. The lead up to the Ibragimov fight was a huge push, and we remember what happened there. Maybe because he doesn't chase the KO from the opening bell, maybe because he reminds people of Ivan Drago, maybe because he doesn't fight in America, maybe because of the heavyweight scene in general, but the fans in America are really indifferent to Wlad.

Fact of the matter is, Wladimir isn't American. And he isn't some crazy KO king, he's a technician. HBO pushes younger American (or at least American-based) fighters in hopes they will be the next big thing in America. Everyone knows Wladimir isn't going to be that.

He hasn't even fought in America in five years.

HBO has no reason to show his fights. I get it, and I have no problem with it, and i'll be watching the British steam over at goo-roo.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post

this is way more Skillful performance than any borefest that Mayweather puts on, I think after this he destroys calvin brock in exciting fashion.

This was an boxing clinic of distance, jab and picking the right hand.

Then he was dropped.

Any ideas?
              Because Brock was suppose to win that one. Then HBO would have been showcasing the new great American heavyweight.

Yeah....

Comment

I think it was the Sultan Ibragimov fight that drove them over the edge, hyped unification fight at Madision square garden but turned out to be a waste of money and a boring sparring session just like the Haye fight!

But i give Wladimir credit he was on his front foot against Ibragimov and Haye and attempted to put on a show.
                Last edited by chocolate; 08-08-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

I tend towards the theory that there ain't a big US promoter in charge, and ain't a big US prospect on the Horizon. We'll only really see the veracity of that viewpoint when a US Heavyweight starts to rise to prominence. - If Wilder say, starts KTFO of top tens, let's see how the US boxing media react.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    mayweather absolutely has a more educated right hand than wladimir klitschko. surely you cannot be serious.
                    got to respectfully disagree here. I think both guys have great right hands. theyre both thrown straight with perfect weight transfer and leverage. obviously wlads is more powerful and mayweather's is quicker but I think theyre both thrown with equal effectiveness

Comment

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post

The HBO MACHINE was 100% behind Wladimir and gave him more chances than they ever gave Mayweather.

They hyped him to Hell and he got knocked out against Sanders. They CONTINUED hyping him and he got knocked out against Brewster.. THEY CONTINUED TO HYPE HIM into the Sultan fight and he gave us the worst fight in Heavyweight TITLE History(killing Burt Sugar in the process) THEY EVEN GAVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE against Haye and he fuked that up as well.

Wladimir Klitschko was given chance after chance.. so shut the Hell up with that 'oh he never got a chance' bull****.
                      I tend to agree with this post,,,

Wlad was extremely hyped and HBO was behind him, and Wlad just couldnt do what a GGG has done,, that is capture the audiences imagination,,, People are excited to see who GGG will fight next,,, Wlad never got the HBO audience behind him...

Saying that, I do think HBO should show Wlads fights, even if they in europe,, He is the Heavy champ of the world,,,,,,
                      Its not like they have to pay millions for it,,, he is already making big $$$ in europe vs the likes of JEAN mccormick so maybe HBO can pay like 50k and get the rights to show here in the US,,,

Comment

Working...
                      X