Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why MAYWEATHER did not make weight. (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why MAYWEATHER did not make weight. (video)

I have always believed that Floyd did not even try to make weight for the Marquez fight. And Floyd never had any intent to make weight.

While he has generally refused to speak about the issue, I think that this older video provides A LOT of insight about what FMJ was thinking about making 144.

This interview is very telling. The key discussion about weight starts at 1:20. But you can start from the beginning to get context.

"If you've been off for a year and a half, and then try to take off the weight, you get fatigued".

This is why I believe Floyd was gaming the system all along. Right, wrong or otherwise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...k/boxingjuly17

Back in July:

When asked if he would have a problem making 143 pounds, Mayweather, who estimated his weight at 149 or 150 during the call, said, "I'm not weighing 143. This is a welterweight fight. Whatever I come in weighing, that's what I come in weighing, but I don't have to weigh 143. I don't know where you heard those rumors from."

Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by Al Haymon; 10-12-2009, 04:17 PM.

no need to make a thread..we know he didnt try to make weight..id rather be fined then fight drained aswell

Comment

how about fighting a legit welter and NOT having to cut weight or pay the fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        They do not understand that concept.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          They do not understand that concept.
          it is foreign to them. fight someone within the same weight class? whaaaaaaaaa?

Comment

its not foreign..go thru my post..i want him to fight shane NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
              Why should you do that when you can fight lightweights and make buckets of money.

Comment

So Floyd knew Juan Manuel Marquez would be getting tired when he was gaining so much weight in so little time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  it is foreign to them. fight someone within the same weight class? whaaaaaaaaa?
                  Floyd has learned from Bernard Hopkins and Oscar Delahoya.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                    Why should you do that when you can fight lightweights and make buckets of money.
                    Al makes a great point. After all, that is a sigh a of greatness. how can you not be a fan of a fighter who behaves in such a manner? Especially when you can share in his wealth!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X