Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$700 billion bailout bill just got rejected!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, you look dead on my buddy at work by the name of Kip.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I hope this is the first person to lose their job when the **** hits the fan. If he has one.
      hahahahaha!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rambov View Post
        If you guys think that the big boys on wall street are going to be broke because of this crisis then you're dead wrong.
        They have been making millions for years and years prior to this and filing bankruptcy just means that they didn't make money "this year" and now its time to file chapter 11 and on to the next venture.
        These guys have hundreds of millions of dollars in overseas bank accounts and are probably currently hedging right now against this bailout and trippiling their income

It is the american middleclass who are going to be broke and the government tried to stop it from happening and now we lost a trillion dollars today.
        So if you think this bailout makes or breaks them you are wrong.

This Bailout is for the US people to regain confidence in the market.

It was a great concept but wall street didn't think it was going to help very much.
        And the american people were too stupid to realize that.
        Hogwash. This problem started with the Federal Reserve and if they maintain authoritative control of this bailout plan through that criminal Hank Paulson (No. Congressional oversight is still not present in this "improved" bill. No. CEO's haven't been stripped of their "golden parachute" exit strategies. No. The taxpayer is still not guaranteed protection for investing in this); in this bill we were looking at hyper inflation by this unpoliced FED monstrosity and the END OF THE ****ING DOLLAR AS THE WORLD'S RESERVE CURRENCY and the end of a CONSTITUTIONAL United States. You know, that government for the people by the people? You might have wanted to start practicing high stepping if this bill was made law yesterday because financial control of the United States would have belonged to a private bank - you know, that thing Thomas Jefferson had a deathly fear of.

Bush, Cheney, and their cronies just tried to finish the job in fleecing America before leaving office.

A fight for the Eart' just took place by Americans vs. the establishment zionists and neocons yesterday and I don't think anyone realized it. It looked just like an ordinary day.

+1 for the citizens of America who were awake and contacted their Congressmen with these grievances, and not for that parroting of talking points by the mainstream media.

It's better to ride this storm out above all else, until a proper bill is made. Anything less will cost us our sovereignty.

Comment

• Can Bush overturn this with his Executive Powers or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
            A fight for the Eart' just took place by Americans vs. the establishment zionists and neocons yesterday and I don't think anyone realized it. It looked just like an ordinary day.

I agree 100%.

Realize not only that the government attempted to do what Jefferson feared but also set the whole thing in motion years ago knowing the ultimate result before it did so.

Sad isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
              Can Bush overturn this with his Executive Powers or something like that
              You bet your ass Bush can turn that bill into law through Executive Order. However, that would reveal to the public that the Republic form of government has been hijacked and bullets might just start whizzing around somebody's head.

It's an extremely bold move to make without a legitimate/relevant national emergency taking place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                This bailout should have been a year in the making, but everyone who knew what was going on was busy squeezing every last dollar out of this.

**** even as recently as 2-3 months ago prominent analysts were saying GS was safe from all these problems that BSC, LB, ML were killed/being killed by..

The Gov't should have seen this coming and been working on this long before everything went bad, they could have preemptively stepped in and declared this business corrupt and pitched themselves as saviors. Now they look foolish and idiotic to the extent that people want to lynch their local congressman if they support another horse**** inflated windfall for something vague that they cannot understand.

At election time, at "war", no good answers.. you cannot blame the public for being skeptical to the point of being stupid.

Doesent' help that Ben Bernanke and Henry Paulsen come off like high school dropout stumblebums when pressed for answers and specifics on where the money is going and what the cumulative effects will be of dishing out a little cash.

After all it is only .7 Trillion dollars.

I have to believe there is a much better way to do this bailout and I hope that a week of thinking about it and realizing the scope of this will only ensure that the long term benefits of a well thought out plan will ultimately exceed the short term loss of 1500-2000 pts on the market.
                2000pts is being conservative. I see the market touching below 8,000 if nothing gets done.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  2000pts is being conservative. I see the market touching below 8,000 if nothing gets done.
                  well 8000 is only 2000 points away as it stands now.

i expect that something will be done by the end of the week and as soon as something is passed a ****load of money will flood back into the market.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
                    Economics is an art, and not a science. There isn't the possiblility of an absolute "master' Just a collection of people who can paint a decent picture.
                    I look at the economy like a moody *****. Right now the hoe is PMS'ing big time.
                    As far as the "bailout" I like the Lassez - fair attitude of tradtional "classsic" economists. And am confident that even though in a global economy we are losing ground to countries with a larger population gaining ground in technology and production, we still support far too much of that global economy for ours to fail. The current business cycle is in resession (**** who says it isn't it's been more than two quarters) and the financial markets are in shambles. But the overal output of the economy is still strong. So in theory the "moody *****" will get over it.
                    The economy is very very simple once you realize that everything you were ever taught in school about economics is complete and utter bull****.

Economists spend their time creating fancy terms for their even more fanciful ideas and "scientific" principles because they are not able to do anything constructive with the "education"

The only thing you need to know about the economy it that it is driven by group psychology.

It was really irrelevant if the bill did anything constructive. All it needed to do was pass. Instil confidence in the consumer, and stop people from hoarding their money.

Congress failed. Nothing they can do will rescue the economy. They just stabbed every American in the back. Nobody trusts them and since they betrayed our trust, nothing short of a decree from god will instil confidence back into the market.

Comment

Working...
                    X