• Put these Mexicans In Order

Chavez
    Morales
    Barrera
    Olivares
    Marquez
    Lopez
    Sanchez
    Last edited by BigStereotype; 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM.

replace Morales and Barrera with Lopez and Sanchez

Comment

Nah, just throw them in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Chavez
        Morales
        Barrera
        Olivares
        Marquez
        Lopez
        Sanchez
        Chavez
        Olivares
        Morales
        Barrera
        Marquez
        Sanchez
        Lopez

Comment

I would say Chavez, Olivares, Marquez, Morales, Lopez, Barrera, Sanchez. Damn it's hard to put Sanchez at the end of a list.

Comment

I would say Chavez, Olivares, Marquez, Morales, Lopez, Barrera, Sanchez. Damn it's hard to put Sanchez at the end of a list.
            How are we ranking these fighters? Based off resume?

Because if we are, I can't see anyway Lopez can be anywhere but last and absolutely not in front of Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              How are we ranking these fighters? Based off resume?

Because if we are, I can't see anyway Lopez can be anywhere but last and absolutely not in front of Sanchez.
              I try to mix h2h, resume and accomplishments sort of evenly. Sanchez had a ridiculously hot run but - unfortunately - he didn't do it over a long period of time. I rate that.

Comment

Marquez

Marquez is number one most def and then it's prob Lopez, Sanchez, Chavez, Olivares. It's a hard question but I favor the boxers over the tipical pressure fighters.

Comment

Marquez
                  Chavez
                  Morales
                  Barrera
                  Sanchez
                  Olivares
                  Lopez

Comment

Chavez
                    Morales
                    Barrera
                    Olivares
                    Marquez
                    Lopez
                    Sanchez
                    chavez
                    marquez
                    olivares
                    sanchez
                    morales
                    barrera
                    lopez

lopez was a very good fighter. a great fighter. he was at a much smaller weight class than the others, though, where great fighters don't often fight and stick around for entire careers. frankly, at those weights, the fighters are not that good. once guys hit 118 lbs or so you start to see real athletic specimens regularly at the top.

there have been great athletes and fighters at 105/108, but they're few and far between. lopez could easily be higher on some people's lists than morales and barrera, depending on whether or not they discount his accomplishments based on the perennial weakness of his division

sanchez is also an odd case. he's got some big wins, but he died at 23, giving him an aura of invincibility. we have never seen him on the downside, the way we saw everybody else. his win over gomez is one of the biggest wins ever for a mexican fighter.

i'd really like to see marquez career end first. he just knocked out manny pacquiao. it's hard to rate that win at this stage. it just happened.

if manny takes a tune up fight and loses it will reduce the weight of marquez win. and if marquez goes on to get destroyed we'll know that it didn't take a great fighter to stop manny at the tail end of his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X