Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most F--ed up thing you witnessed at a Gym?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    Didn't know that. Can he actually throw punches or is he a brawler type?
    Honestly he can box and bang, when I moved around with him he was more of a Ruiz kinda style, he would grab your arms and tie you up and look to hold and hit with that left hook it frustrates the **** out of you, and if you play into it you will get tagged.
    from the outside though he is pretty decent but that is where you will work him best, keeping him at a distance and turning him constantly so he doesnt get that kind of power on his shots.
    I really dont remember how the three rounds went honestly it was about six years ago, but I can tell you this he can punch he broke my nose and left me with some swelling.
    Honestly his power kept me honest, I didnt give him nothing after the first he can counter punch very well so I just stayed outside and used my jab with speed and kept turning him.
    if you stand in front of him I am sure you will get hurt. on the flip side of it, he never uses regular head gear he has the one with the bar the covers the nose area so you really dont do much damage when you hit him using sixteen ounce gloves also he loves to sneak on 14 ounce gloves as well he did it with me and I have seen him use those in there with Peter Manfredo and Sergio Mora

Comment

Originally posted by x3_bazooka_x3 View Post
      Ill start here, a while back I remember going into Wild Card in the after noon, and I saw Mario Lopez talk some new kid into sparring with him of which I beleive Mario is about 190 he told the kid he was 160 the kid was about 145 or so, he promised the kid to go light in sparring and guess what happend when the bell rang?
      He charged the kid and knocked him the **** out, well okay down but he was hurt badly the kid got up and tried to finish the round assuming he just got caught with a good shot, Mario knowing the kid was hurt didnt care he went right after him again and hurt him badly dropping him with a nasty left hook.
      I hate to see **** like this in the gym I mean knock downs do happen but usally its due to some fluke sparring is supposed to be so that one can work on basics ect... I just couldnt beleive that Mario would do something that ****ing low.
      anybody else see **** like this in the gym? Honestly its **** like that, that turns me off to the sport.
      Is Mario any good? I keep hearing **** about him as a boxer, I heard/read somewhere he even sparred with Oscar, is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
        Is Mario any good? I keep hearing **** about him as a boxer, I heard/read somewhere he even sparred with Oscar, is this true?
        I cant verify Oscar, but I can verify Kingsley Ikeke Peter Manfredo Sergio Mora and a few others cant think of their names off the top of my head, Oh also Karmazin as well.
        Mario can fight, so yes he is good, and if you make the mistake of thinking your in there with some backstreet boy from the 80s your in for a shocker.

Comment

I cant verify Oscar, but I can verify Kingsley Ikeke Peter Manfredo Sergio Mora and a few others cant think of their names off the top of my head, Oh also Karmazin as well.
          Mario can fight, so yes he is good, and if you make the mistake of thinking your in there with some backstreet boy from the 80s your in for a shocker.
          LOL that's ****ing awesome, AC Slater was my favorite character of Saved by the Bell, I could relate to him being latin at all. Is he a Chicano? I heard he is not really Mexican, he's Guatemalan or some ****. Anyway cool **** about Mario, I would like to see him spar.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
            Oh, and they were clearly rooting against me whenever I sparred a black fighter.
            thats funny, but i find that discrimination has motivated me more than anything in sports. when i played basketball people thought i was too big to play the point, too white to dunk.... so i did it better than anyone thought possible

when i played football people thought i was too big and white to play wide receiver, every year id be asked to move to tight end.... i ended up with a football scholarship playing wideout.

best of all i ran track, i was a sprinter and long jumper. i live about 20 minutes outside of detroit, whenever i had a regional meet i would be the only white guy in the 100m and 200m finals. my senior year when i won the 100m i could hear people at the finish saying how they "couldnt believe so and so just got smoked by that big ass white boy".... i remember another time i ran a guy from detroit southwestern down from about 10 yards behind in the 400m relay and his teammates just ripped his ass apart after the race.

i find that in sports white people get hit with a lot of reverse racism. as i stated ive been told so many times i cant do certain things for no other apparent reason than i was too white, too slow.... and whatever other stereotypical nonsense exists about whites in the sports world. i get more satisfaction proving those people wrong than i ever got from winning a medal, trophy or title.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              thats funny, but i find that discrimination has motivated me more than anything in sports. when i played basketball people thought i was too big to play the point, too white to dunk.... so i did it better than anyone thought possible

when i played football people thought i was too big and white to play wide receiver, every year id be asked to move to tight end.... i ended up with a football scholarship playing wideout.

best of all i ran track, i was a sprinter and long jumper. i live about 20 minutes outside of detroit, whenever i had a regional meet i would be the only white guy in the 100m and 200m finals. my senior year when i won the 100m i could hear people at the finish saying how they "couldnt believe so and so just got smoked by that big ass white boy".... i remember another time i ran a guy from detroit southwestern down from about 10 yards behind in the 400m relay and his teammates just ripped his ass apart after the race.

i find that in sports white people get hit with a lot of reverse racism. as i stated ive been told so many times i cant do certain things for no other apparent reason than i was too white, too slow.... and whatever other stereotypical nonsense exists about whites in the sports world. i get more satisfaction proving those people wrong than i ever got from winning a medal, trophy or title.

Just keep that avatar and you will be in good with me kid!!

Comment

Another ****ed up thing I witnessed at the gym was Zelenoff body sparring!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Dude, change that avatar I can not focus on what ya writing at all

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING_2008 View Post
                    Dude, change that avatar I can not focus on what ya writing at all
                    Dont even think about it

Comment

Get use to that because that will always happen, there is only one way to fix that and you know what I am talking about, fix it in the ring
                      I did, so they paired my up with this mean ass Guatemalan kid way above my skill level and he gave me a concussion that lasted for 4 months lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X