No announcement yet.

Calzaghe against 2013's best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jermainerambo View Post
    The unconquerable joe calzaghe obliterates them all he's knocked out more people then they fought. been in twice as many world title fights

The invincible Joe calzaghe is way more athletic

Faster in hand and foot speed

Better stamina

Physically strong

Agility (like watching a lightweight in a super middleweight's body)

Throws more punches

Can adapt under any circumstances

The impregnable Joe calzaghe has athletic gifts beyond compare

even today's unassailable 40 cal blows all their heads off easy work
    Not sure how serious this is...

Comment

He'd humiliate Dawson at 175. I believe he beats Ward at 168 also, by pure volume punching. Sorry, Calzaghe is a level above anyone Ward efter faced.
      Calzaghe is the greatest SMW of the history.

Comment

Froch would be a dangerous opponent upon second thought. Froch is a threat into the 12th round.

Comment

He beats everybody on that list except Ward. Calzaghe and Martinez box the same to me Calzaghe is just bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            He beats everybody on that list except Ward. Calzaghe and Martinez box the same to me Calzaghe is just bigger.
            They fight nothing like each other.

I think Ward beats him

Think tis 50/50 with Martinez and Dawson.

Joe was good, but not great. His best win was against Kessler and maybe the dodgy Split Decision against old man popkins.

Comment

He wins everyone, Ward would be a great match up though.

Comment

A slightly pathetic/lazy article by the usually brilliant Boxing News to be honest with you.....

......they've been holding back on a number of features all year and then splurged them over the Christmas/New Year break to make-up for not having to go out there and get some real, hard fight news.

Matt Christie's Calzaghe 'what if' piece looks like a nice old filler and they even managed to fill-up two whole pages with a close-up shot of David Price, clearly in lieu of having to file some editorial. Poor effort lads.

They've also been busy padding the mag with the memoirs of Chairman Nigel Collins in recent weeks....and the results are frankly mixed.

To his credit, we've had some great insights from Collins into top fighters like Tyson but also a great deal of deeply tedious bull**** about the political and financial struggles of The Ring magazine; stuff nobody except retired American sports magazine publishers give a toss about. Yawn.

Just for the record and to answer the question:

Calzaghe beats Martinez, Cleverly and Dawson with ease. He also beats Ward by split a controversial split-decision but loses to Froch by shock KO.

Here's hoping Boxing News gets back out there and starts breaking some proper stories and reporting on the big fights.

Comment

He beats everyone except Froch and Ward.

Comment

he beats all of them, maybe he has troubles with martinez

Comment

Calzaghe beats all of them I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                      X