No announcement yet.

best weightclass for 5 ft 8.9 - 22 years old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best weightclass for 5 ft 8.9 - 22 years old

i was always quite slim but i went to prison nearly 4 years ago and got absolutely huge at top, big shoulders big chest.

over the years i put on loads of fat, got all the way to 240. i started boxing and now im around 200 pounds. im 22 in a few weeks and 5ft 8.9.

but ive been on and off with my boxing and have been 200 pounds for nearly 2 months. i really want to step it up now and box competitively.

which weight class should i aim for? i dont want a big muscly frame, i like to box slick and counter. i dont like fighting really aggressive like my frame suggests, even though its covered by fat at the moment lol.

most people doubt that i can make middleweight because of my size, but really i want to make something like welterweight since im not the tallest.

any ideas or opinions guys, im very focused and im ready to take it to the next level and prove everybody wrong!

Fight where you're comfortable. Sorry for the "evergreen" answer, but I don't personally believe that a guy can just pick a weight class out of the sky and be successful there. Its a bit more of a process.
    Its going to be a couple years at least before you can make welterweight, and without a really controlled diet and exercize program, you wouldn't be able to drop to ww and be strong there, maybe not even be healthy.

Also you're setting yourself up for failure. You've been a bit off and on with your boxing, and now you've set a goal of moving from 200 down to 147?
    You need smaller goals at first.

Also, how fast did you drop that 40lbs? And did it just drop from boxing, or did you change your diet or caloric intake?

Comment

147lbs 154 max but your weight class can also depend on how you box and your strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Telboy1990 View Post
        147lbs 154 max but your weight class can also depend on how you box and your strengths and weaknesses.

Ideally it'd be what was mentioned above. But it also depends on your frame. I used to see a lot of guys at around that height at 160-168 and seem natural and just shorter than most. Depends on you tbh. We don't know if your body can naturally/comfortably make 147. If your body can do it, take your time doing it. You dont want to rush that ammount of weight loss.

Comment

Working...
        X