Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Roy Jones was accused of steroid use why did he suddenly seem human again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Roy Jones was accused of steroid use why did he suddenly seem human again?

Originally posted by garysteinberg View Post
    I think it was more the 25 lbs of pure muscle he had to lose after the Ruiz fight......

Comment

That's a bloody good question

Comment

he intentionally started backing down to make you think his accusers may have a point just for his own amusement.

Comment

Originally posted by garysteinberg View Post

Roy was always human, he never learned the art of boxing, basically boxing fundamentals. He was never fundamentally sound.

He got where he did cause he was more athletic than everyone in his era. He was bless with great physical gifts. But he never learned the fundamentals, he never learned defense. We all know as you get older you lose some of the physical gifts i.e.. speed and reflexes.

When he could no longer rely on his physical gifts due to age but mainly from dropping all that weight to get back to 175 to fight Tarver, He was just a normal guy in the ring.

Unlike Hopkins who relied on the fundamentals because he lacked the physical gifts that people like PBF still currently posses, Hopkins has been able to endure even in his older age.

Roy just was a great athlete that had good power. When he could no longer rely on his physical advantages he got exposed.
          Last edited by shogun1123; 11-24-2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Man I love all these excuses the Turds have.... They skip right over the fact that Roy got popped for the pellets.........

Comment

It's like questioning your kid about who ate the candy..... Face all sticky, looking all cute but scramblling for a way out..... lol I love this shyt

Comment

Originally posted by shogun1123 View Post
                Roy was always human, he never learned the art of boxing, basically boxing fundamentals. He was never fundamentally sound.

He got where he did cause he was more athletic than everyone in his era. He was bless with great physical gifts. But he never learned the fundamentals, he never learned defense. We all know as you get older you lose some of the physical gifts i.e.. speed and reflexes.

When he could no longer rely on his physical gifts due to age but mainly from dropping all that weight to get back to 175 to fight Tarver, He was just a normal guy in the ring.

Unlike Hopkins who relied on the fundamentals because he lacked the physical gifts that people like PBF still currently posses, Hopkins has been able to endure even in his older age.

Roy just was a great athlete that had good power. When he good no longer rely on his physical advantages he got exposed.
                Just the way I imagine and think.

Comment

25 pounds of muscle loss at age of 35 in much less than half a year will do that a person, even Roy.

Comment

Seemed Human again? Mofo went up all the way to HW dominated a top rated HW.

Considering that dude fought as low as JMW, still pretty crazy.

Comment

Working...
                    X