Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people here love Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ricky hatton & arturo gatti the 2 guys i would have loved to have shared a jug with...enough said

Comment

Good fighter but nothing special, Overrated as **** around 2005-2007 when he was undefeated, Difficult to even see a good highlight reel of him without him hugging, clinging to death, He was good when he was fighting bums and mini-cab drivers on the WBU though, And he had a great night against Tsyzu and Paulie M but other than that his resume of being the "Man" at 140 was just practically based on one fight, When he stepped up he got shown up for what he really was.

Comment

why do so many people think a couple of losses make a guy a bum? considering his only 2 losses were to ATG mayweather & pacman...is thread starter blind?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Good fighter but nothing special, Overrated as **** around 2005-2007 when he was undefeated, Difficult to even see a good highlight reel of him without him hugging, clinging to death, He was good when he was fighting bums and mini-cab drivers on the WBU though, And he had a great night against Tsyzu and Paulie M but other than that his resume of being the "Man" at 140 was just practically based on one fight, When he stepped up he got shown up for what he really was.
          No it was based on beating the Man. And then beating a line of other top contenders/champions at the weight

Comment

How many fighters from JWW and WW wouldn't get shown up by Pacquiao and Mayweather? I guess they are all bums too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
              How many fighters from JWW and WW wouldn't get shown up by Pacquiao and Mayweather? I guess they are all bums too.
              And??? Whats that got to do with anything? He was overrated period! Other fighters arent hype the same way Hatton was, He was called a killer etc while he was fighting Bum after bum, When he stepped up he shown up for what he was, A simple average fighter not special, Take out his two defeats, He still got shown up for how average he was, The only thing great about Hatton was "His lovable character" and his PR machine.. Thats it.

Comment

Hatton is one of my favourite fighters of the last decade. Other fighters I liked during that time include Israel Vasquez, Arturo Gatti and Michael Katsidis. In the 90s I really liked Nigel Benn.

I particularly like boxers who aren't afraid to get stuck in and take a punch or two to get the job done. Joe Frazier, Jack Dempsey, early Tyson, aggressive and hard hitting brawlers with confidence in their own ability to absorb damage. Hatton is one of those guys.

Comment

he did say some crazy ****..........and didnt back it up.................but the manchester mexican do get love from me........................

Comment

Other fighters arent hype the same way Hatton was...
                    LOL. Kirkland was already being touted for a shot at Martinez. Jacobs was going to be the next middleweight star of US boxing. Williams was supposedly capable of dominating from welterweight to light heavy. Margarito was some unstoppable force who could walk through any welterweight. Michael Grant was... well, you get the picture. Being over-hyped as a fighter is hardly something limited to Ricky Hatton, and trust me, he's far from being the worst example of it.

Comment

Originally posted by VolumePuncher View Post
                      He fought two elite class fighters and they both whipped his ass in embarrassing fashion, and his record is padded largely by fighting bums in the UK.

Can someone please explain the appeal to me?

Also: Before anyone comes in here criticizing the first part of my statement, I don't punish anyone too much for losing to Floyd or Pac, but I will punish you for how you lose. Hatton was completely and utterly out-classed in both fights on a level that makes you wonder why the matches were made in the first place.
                      Hatton was outclassed by Pacquiao, most boxers are and Hatton's relentless come-forward style meant a KO was inevitable, he isn't the type to run.

But he wasn't outclassed by Mayweather. As Freddie Roach said, he was in the fight for 6 rounds and not only was he fighting above his natural weight class, he did with that fat Cortez monkey all over him from Round 1 onwards moulding the fight to Floyd's advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X