No announcement yet.

At 147 who do you want Floyd to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
    man after that negotiation in 2010 floyd didnt say a damn thing bout manny,he said he wasnt thinking bout boxing and arum put up that fact ass time clock giving floyd a timeline to reply and he never did and manny went and fought margo..what are you talking about?
    "I'm not even thinking about boxing."

*cough, *****.
    Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-07-2013, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
      It's called not giving into demands from someone with the same clout as you. Floyd wasn't talking to some bum like Guerrero or Alexander.

LMAO. This was LAST YEAR, only a few months ago. I'm talking about 2010.

When Manny said ok to the 14 day cut off. Then Floyd came back with the 50/50 road block, and EVERYONE was calling Floyd a *****!
      It became about money once Manny decided to sue Floyd. That changed everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
        You don't remember that time period???

EVERYONE on TV, forums, etc. were saying, "just make it 50/50."

Don't even lie, and say that never happened. EVERYONE was scratching their heads at that one, and that's when people started getting hip to Floyd's game.
        in 2010 he was offered 50/50 and he walked away...there were no more negotiations that year,only a fake ass timeline...and yes i remember it well

Comment

in 2010 he was offered 50/50 and he walked away...there were no more negotiations that year,only a fake ass timeline...and yes i remember it well
          Correction. He was offered 50/50 in 2009. Then Manny gave into the 14 day cutoff in 2010. Then Floyd comes up with the 50/50 road block in 2011/2012.
          Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-07-2013, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Ok, my Bulls are on. Thanks for making me miss the tip off.

Had fun serving you up some history lessons.

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
              I count Margarito as a WW win for Pacquiao. I also don't agree with Pac being champion by winning a WW title at 145, but I do count Cotto as a very good win. Floyds wins at JMW are legit they just don't make him a champ in my book.

OK, he's a 2 time JMW belt holder. He was never the champion.
              I could agree he is a current JWW belt holder, but even without defending, he beat the champ when he beat Oscar. Who else could you consider the champ then??

To be honest, at the time that Pac beat Cotto, I didn't consider it much of a win. As soon as I heard about the fight, I thought that it was a mismatch and not in Cotto's favor either. I was pissed that he wasn't taking on Mosley who was begging for the fight AND was coming off a great win. If you watch the videos and listen to what Roach had to say, there was a reason that they took the Cotto fight when they did. After the beating he took from Margarito, he didn't look like the same Cotto. He looked nothing special against Jennings, arguably lost to Clottey and his camp was in turmoil. So, I really can't understand how Floyd and Pac are viewed so differently. Pac choices in opponents have been just as calculated or "cherry picked" if not more than Mayweathers. He didn't fight Margarito when he was hot(it was talked about and they weren't interested) or Mosley coming off Margarito. He fights Cotto after he looked bad, Margarito and Mosley after they were done and Clottey rather than Mayweather.

Comment

• Timmy B,......

Comment

1-Guerrero-ya'll ****ted on that even tho its his mandatory

2-Alexander-ya'll ****ted on this to although he is the IBF champion and a 2 division champion

so damn who do you want him to fight at 147???
                  Honestly, if there was ever a year for Floyd to take a long vacation it would be this one. Unfortunately, Floyd doesn't work that way. He prefers to take his long vacations when there are riskier opponents in his division.

Comment

• Honestly, I wanted Canelo and Martinez. And I wish Mayweather would fight them. But, to an extent he is smaller at SW. So, maybe there really are no good options at that weight, but we all want him to fight the bigger guys. Not sure, I guess Bradley. If not Bradley than Idk. I wish he would move up and fight Martinez, but it may be unrealistic. He can fight Canelo though since he fought Cotto at 154. But, that's only if he wants to make us happy..I mean he's rated #1 at that division and all right?

Comment

• at 147 it's either Bradley or Marquez. at 154 it's Martinez or Trout

Comment

Working...
                      X