No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: Schaefer promised to bring Mayweather to showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum: Schaefer promised to bring Mayweather to showtime

Don't know if anyones come across this yet? It's from the video with Dibella and Arum about the Chavez-Martinez fight and Arum goes on to say that the only reason that Golden Boy are getting all these showtime dates are because they promised Mayweather will fight on HBO.

Probably just Arum being Arum, found it on the site that hypes fights.

http://uk.fighthype.com/videobob-aru...r-to-showtime/

Seems correct, really it would just be a matter of prestiege to either network so even just bringing in that thought could really spark a bidding war for Floyd.

Showtime could spend a lot just to say Floyd fought on our network, and it would probably be worth it as long as they are commited to boxing and a lot of the cost would be eaten up by PPV revenue.

Comment

Floyd has been saying for years now that he gets 100% of his money.

Richard, and Al hayman make their money by using Floyd as leverage to get money and dates from the networks.

Thats why Floyd fights nothing but Goldenboy fighters.
      He gets them on 24/7 and in front of a big PPV audience.

Why do you think Canelo is always on Floyds undercards?
      Because Goldenboy is using Floyds name to build up their fighters.

In return Goldenboy brings sponsors, and other relationships they have built over the years to the table to help promote Floyds fights.

Al Hayman gets Berto and all the other fighters he manages big pay days and dates on the networks off of his relationship with Floyd.

But Al doesn't have a contract on Floyd.

Comment

Al Haymon may have, I noticed that he has pretty much taken over Showtime with his fighters...which is not really a bad thing because Haymon got a very impressive Roster Of Fighters

So if they did Promise Mayweather to Showtime for at least 1 Fight....WTF IS WRONG WITH THAT? I like Showtime Broadcasting Team a lot more then I do HBO's OLD BITTER TEAM

So I personally wouldn't mind seeing Mayweather on Showtime, hell I would love to see Mayweather fight at least one fight on Network TV

Comment

First off how would he know? He doesn't, it's just another Arum rant of complete lies.

Secondly, Schaeffer while making Mayweathers fights has absolutely no say in what Mayweather does. so if he actually promised that he is an idiot, but I doubt he did.

Mayweather is in good with HBO.

Comment

Has Floyd ever done a fight with Showtime?

This sounds like more bull**** coming from Arum....

Comment

just because he promise moneymay to showtime it doesnt mean hes goin to showtime, i actually i believe arum again lol

Comment

Golden Boy vs Top Rank

HBO vs Showtime

This is why people don't respect our sport

Comment

@ Anyone who believes Mayweather will fight on showtime

Comment

I doubt HBO let's Floyd go to Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                    X