• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    jmm............
    He slipped my mind.

Ah, well.

Comment

John L Sullivan was once dropped heavily by a woman!

It was part of his act when he offered prizes to anyone who could last 3 rounds with him, the promoters wife used to have a go, she'd jump in with comedy bloomers on and they would fool around. One night tho John L probably half pissed or even drunker mistimed a stinging shot to her cheek. Reflex and instict kicked in and she lashed out with a wild right that hit Sullivan flush on the jaw and dropped him, for some time apparently!

Comment

Eder Jofre was a vegetarian, don't know of any others other then Bradley but he is only Vegetarian during Training camps. He was also trained by his dad and they owned their own Gym although it was mainly wrestling based.

Baby Arizmendi is the youngest boxer / champion to turn pro, had his first bout at the age of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          Eder Jofre was a vegetarian, don't know of any others other then Bradley but he is only Vegetarian during Training camps. He was also trained by his dad and they owned their own Gym although it was mainly wrestling based.

Baby Arizmendi is the youngest boxer / champion to turn pro, had his first bout at the age of 10.
          I'm pretty sure Hopkins is a vegetarian, at least when he was a middleweight.

Comment

He is Veagan I believe, not Vegitarian.

I imagine there will be a fair share of them throughout Boxing history especially in the last 20-25 years but I don't know of any.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He is Veagan I believe, not Vegitarian.

I imagine there will be a fair share of them throughout Boxing history especially in the last 20-25 years but I don't know of any.

allan green is a vegetarian as well
              and it certainly aint helping him any

Comment

Julio Cesar Chavez had an abnormally thick skull.

Joe Grim supposedly had twice as thick of a skull as a normal man, and lost every fight but was never KOed despite fighting Jack Johnson, Bob Fitzsimmons, Joe Gans, and a number of other words class opponents.

Comment

great thread

Comment

Both Boxrec and Wikipedia list him as turning pro at 13. Still.....imagine a 13 year old fighting a 25 year old and beating him? Thats just crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Both Boxrec and Wikipedia list him as turning pro at 13. Still.....imagine a 13 year old fighting a 25 year old and beating him? Thats just crazy!
                      Different reports varies, I've seen him listed as young as 7, a lot / most say 10 though so just went off that.

Jersey Joe Walcott fought Harold and Phil Johnson, Father and son.

Craig Bodzianowski fought a title bout with a fake leg.

Six Heads Lewis was ahead on scorecards against Dolton when he quit because he had to take a ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X