Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I saw in Paul Williams last night isn't a guy who can beat Floyd Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
    Paul had a gameplan that was put in by his trainer which in my eyes was smart Cintron and ronny shields watched PWill last 2 fights expecting him to come out reckless cause Cintron was just waiting for the long left hand counter shots with the right hand all night he didn't do **** in rd 4 Paul almost knocked his ass down you can't throw 100 punches every round every fight
    cintron got closer to knocking paul down actually....

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      I'm not one of these guys on here saying that Cintron deserved to win the fight like a lot of the trolls on here are. But when I analyzed his style last night, his punching technique looked off last night. An inaccurate flicking jab, bad balance, wide punches. Everybody who listens to me post about Paul Williams knows I'm a fan of the guy, but I'm just trying to recognize real. Mayweather would beat him and quite easily I think.
      dude, you only saw 3.5 rounds. c'mon man.

Comment

Originally posted by addix View Post
        i cant believe how many people here can take 2 round of paul being cautious and talk about how much he sucks.

Seriously, as soon as he stepped it up, the fight instantly changed.

Give the man his props.
        i hear you on that---i'm not one of them---as if i have to tell you that---but, it's a shame---these people go off of titles and labels---paul was title and labeled, the most feared man in boxing----and it's not his fault they put that pressure on him----in hindsight anyway---but, i've said for years what i posted earlier---and i have yet to change my mind and do not see myself doing so----

Comment

This is why Paul Williams shouldn't be placed in the top 5 pound for pound; if only because people begin discussing matching him up against the other elite guys and he's clearly not ready.

Nothing against Paul- nice guy, interesting style- but both Floyd and Manny would dismantle him. I'm not even sure I think he could capture the middleweight belt from Sergio.

I mean, that's got to be his goal at this point. No reason for him to go after Manny and May - they've got business to attend to.

Paul needs to rematch Cintron in like September - if it could happen so quickly - and then try and go for Martinez at 160. If he can become middleweight champion of the world I'll consider putting him in higher esteem pound for pound wise...

The Punisher has rematches to attend to. That seems to be his thing. Quintana, Cintron, Martinez - if the best won't fight him, he'll just fight the rest; twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
            This is why Paul Williams shouldn't be placed in the top 5 pound for pound; if only because people begin discussing matching him up against the other elite guys and he's clearly not ready.

Nothing against Paul- nice guy, interesting style- but both Floyd and Manny would dismantle him. I'm not even sure I think he could capture the middleweight belt from Sergio.

I mean, that's got to be his goal at this point. No reason for him to go after Manny and May - they've got business to attend to.

Paul needs to rematch Cintron in like September - if it could happen so quickly - and then try and go for Martinez at 160. If he can become middleweight champion of the world I'll consider putting him in higher esteem pound for pound wise...

The Punisher has rematches to attend to. That seems to be his thing. Quintana, Cintron, Martinez - if the best won't fight him, he'll just fight the rest; twice!

**** that ****. pac/floyd isn't gonna happen because floyd is using OST to duck pac. Arum is gonna make pac/margo. he don't give a **** because pinoys and mexicans will buy that ppv. that means floyd has to fight pwill unless pavlik doesn't activates his rematch clause.

stop giving floyd an excuse to duck pwill and fight matt hatton!!! if pwill is so easy to beat, then floyd should fight him!

Comment

You didnt need to see the fight last night to know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                I'm not one of these guys on here saying that Cintron deserved to win the fight like a lot of the trolls on here are. But when I analyzed his style last night, his punching technique looked off last night. An inaccurate flicking jab, bad balance, wide punches. Everybody who listens to me post about Paul Williams knows I'm a fan of the guy, but I'm just trying to recognize real. Mayweather would beat him and quite easily I think.
                it was a laughable assertion in the first place, that anyone thought this kid could beat mayweather.

last night, although short, reaffirmed the fact that it was a ridiculous thought.

Comment

I've been saying this for a while and last night made more people realize it. Movement and slickness makes Paul Williams work rate drop a **** ton. Floyd and Manny would carve him up, Williams defense has gotten a little better over the past few fights, but nowhere near the point where he could beat the two.

Comment

I never thought he could beat Mayweather. Easy Floyd UD.

But the Al Haymon Book of Boxing says this fight never happens anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by schoolboy116 View Post
                      yeah i think mayweather would just make williams look like a fresh rookie, he has a lot of exploitable flaws in his game.
                      I agree. Lets not forget Carlos Quintana did decision Paul. Imagine what Floyd would do.

Comment

Working...
                      X