No announcement yet.

Pavlik at MW and Erdei at CW both weighed 178lbs in the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik at MW and Erdei at CW both weighed 178lbs in the ring

Something to think about and maybe it changes your view on one or both boxers is Pavlik against Sergio weighed unofficially at 178 and for his CW fight against Fragomeni, Zsolt Erdei weighed the same at 178 at the official weigh in but in a CW fight there is no reason to think he was really any heavier in the actually fight since he could have weighed in as high as 200lbs for the official scaling.

I makes you think, how would each fighter have done against each others opponent in each of their last outings. Also a natural question would be who would win between these two if they fought since both guys are physically SMWs really?

When you think about it either makes Zsolt look alot better than he is given credit for being able to win a CW title while being 22lbs under the weight limit and the same size as the former lineal MW champion or it makes Pavlik look very overrated and limited that he is the same size as a guy who won a CW belt and lost to a JMW who started at WW.

The fact that Pavlik came in so heavy and cuts so much weight to make MW makes the whole "catch weight mismatch" excuse against Bernard look weak because Hopkins is not one of these LHWs who walks around in the mid-upper 190s and in reality is only a few lbs heavier than Pavlik naturally.

Would Erdei get the benefit of the doubt as being the "smaller man" if he lost to Hopkins even though he is slightly and the same size as Pavlik? I doubt it

Just some thoughts here, comments, opinions?

Facts is Pavlik is a big MW that has to get himself under 160, He need to sit down and workout if he wants to continue fighting at 160, He can get away with it against the locketts of this world but he cant do the same against fighters who have some movement in them, Either he goes up to 168 where the fighters wouldnt be as fast or he stays at 160 and be the king of gatekeepers.
    Last edited by Ray*; 04-22-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Facts is Pavlik is a big MW that has to get himself under 160, He need to sit down and workout if he wants to continue fighting at 160, He can get away with it against the locketts of this world but he cant do the same against fighters who have some movement in them, Either he goes up to 168 where the fighters wouldnt be as fast or he stays at 160 and be the king of gatekeepers.
      So then what does that say about Erdei who is thought of as a joke on the forums yet is the same size as Pavlik though has forget about 168 but won titles at 175 and 200?

Comment

You also have to take into account that cutting that weight also can weaken you. But I agree, if they fought at say, 168, I think Erdei would win.

Comment

Speaking of Erdei....When is he going to fight a Top 10 LHW?

I agree that he would beat Pavlik though

Comment

Working...
          X