No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxers Be Diving Badly: Nicholas Capes Suspended

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxers Be Diving Badly: Nicholas Capes Suspended

If a boxer goes down for the 10 count, but no one actually hit him, does it still count as a knockout?

It apparently does, after what happened in the Feb. 9 fight — if you can even call it that, which you shouldn’t — between Ray Edwards and Nicholas Capes.

And what happened between Edwards and Capes has led to Capes getting suspended, according to the Associated Press.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've seen this video floating around but haven't watched it yet. Funny stuff.

Dallas Jr is due for a suspension too after diving against Matthysse.
    Reference: My sig.

You can see it from all angles.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

[QUOTE=1PunchKOPOW!;13031487]I've seen this video floating around but haven't watched it yet. Funny stuff.

You can't actually be serious... are you just completely ignoring that devastating right hand landing flush on his face? Or do you really hate Lucas Matthysse?

Comment

[QUOTE=alargar;13031528]
        Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        I've seen this video floating around but haven't watched it yet. Funny stuff.

You can't actually be serious... are you just completely ignoring that devastating right hand landing flush on his face? Or do you really hate Lucas Matthysse?
        Co-Sign..I was thinking the same thing..in actuality Matthysse hits him with two head shots and and misses two other punches..not including the damage inflicted before this exchange even happened. A diving boxer at least uses his hands in some fashion to brace the impact this dude dropped like a sack of potatoes with his hands off to the side.

Comment

Sarcasm people. Sarcasm. There was a guy here on fight night claiming Dallas Jr took a dive.

Comment

I wonder if Edwards had something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink
              They should look into both camps TBH. Ol' boy might just drop dimes if they offer him to shorten his suspension.

Comment

I can't believe they suspended Nicholas Capes! I was really looking forward to him hitting the big time and being the next Mr. HBO and making the big bucks in boxing! Shucks....guess I'll have to wait until the suspension is over

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                  Of course he did

Comment

I don't know how to embed a video, but here it is. Looks very obvious from this angle that phantom punch was too strong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yt6A9pQZq4

Comment

Working...
                    X