Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward beats Krusher/GGG/Stevenson is he a ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    To be honest i see Ward retiring come November, do you really think Ward can take a Loss like a Man? He pretty much has no heart and I doubt he will be able to rebuild himself. He will quit and be forgotten like he never existed.
    I don't know.... I don't think his heart is into it anymore, and I am sure he needs a payday.

Comment

Yup and dont forget Ward already fought at Light Heavy in the amateurs, its not like Ward jumped up several weightclasses. He was champion at 168 against mostly smaller men and no he never cleaned out the division, holding 2 belts is not cleaning out a division.

Let him beat Kovalev and beat a couple more good fighters like Beterbiev and Gvozdyk, then we can talk more. The last couple years have been abysmal for Ward.
      You just posted like Ward wasnt ****..why would this win matter?? who has he beaten?

Comment

So did Jean Pascal, Isaac Chilemba, Bernard Hopkins and many others. Whats your point?
        Do you question their hearts as well?

Comment

He'd be on his way to ATG status. He'd have to probably dominate Cruiserweight but even at that who's even near HOF at CW?.

Boxings talent pool is looking slim at the elite level.

Comment

Most definitely. He's currently a bit shy of that in my book. A couple good wins would get him there but Kovalev is a great win, an undefeated top 4 P4P who has been dominant, if not altogether spooky.

Comment

If he did all those things he would be an all time great with room to spare. He is already highly respected. If he retired today he would likely be remembered as an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                He got to be closing in on atg status with his current resume........thoughts.....
                Of course. And I'd go as far as putting him right above Mayweather.

Comment

Ward is the (Dwayne Wade), to LeBron and Mellow. The dudes probably already an atg. If he beats Kova it's cemented. When Pacman and Floyd were fighting no-hopers, Ward dominated one of the best, most talented divisions in boxing. If boxing fans kept it 100, his body of work compared to Floyd and Pacman's is superior at the time those 2 were on top of pfp lists.

Comment

Even if he beat those 3 he doesn't have a top 10 wins of an ATG. He would be a first ballot HOF. Now if he did some wild **** like move up to CW or even HW then we are having a different conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                      He got to be closing in on atg status with his current resume........thoughts.....
                      Golovkin has yet to fight anyone to justify beating him being worth anything, imo.

If Ward beats Kovalev, and then beats Stevenson, he'd be the light heavyweight kingpin, after being the super middleweight kingpin.

He'd definitely be on his way to ATG status (Roy Jones Jr won world titles at 160/168/175 and heavyweight as basically an undefeated fighter, before falling off; that's the bar for Ward, imo).

Comment

Working...
                      X