No announcement yet.

On This Day: LaMotta ends incredible unbeaten run of Sugar Ray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    i'm not understanding your new shtick, larry.
    I'm not sure if anybody does... Either trying to prove a point, or possibly got hack. Funny at first, now becoming a little ridiculous

Comment

A great rivalry... And to think they fought again 6 weeks later, amazing! Just a different breed back then. How do people think fighters today would do fighting that frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by No Diggity View Post
        Robinson overrated bum who lost. Everyone knows only having money and being undefeated matters
        Good trick is having over a 100 bums on your resume it really adds to the embellishment of a reputation , the average guy couldnt break them down if he tried and he dont care if they tomato cans its all wow to him .

Comment

I'd love to see Jake or Ray go through today's MWs like a stack of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by larryggg View Post
            Look at this damn bum falling out the ring

Imagine what GGG would've done to him.

Comment

The three week turn around for the rematch is the thing that's just crazy to me.

I boxrec'd it out of curiosity and Lamotta fought 5 times in Jan/Feb in 1943 and 13 times in that year which is mind boggling. It's a different game now that's for sure.

Comment

The Khan-Canelo fight is being laughed at because Canelo is eight pounds heavier ....LaMotta was sixteen pounds heavier ....on the day of the fight!

Also.....notice there was no catchweight...

Comment

Just different times back then, altogether... This was a great upset.

Comment

That's a great photo.

Comment

SRR=TBE best there ever was and beat there ever will be in our life time

Comment

Working...
                      X