Pacquiao Deserves BWAA Fighter Of The Decade Award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao Deserves BWAA Fighter Of The Decade Award

This is a counter to the other thread.

Pac completely deserved it. Remember it's called FIGHTER of the decade, not boxer of the decade.

The criteria the writers/experts used to judge, was tailor made for pac's boxing personality, not floyds.

If the award was called BOXER of the decade, I can 100% guarantee you that it would have gone to floyd.

I don't see why *****s are so angry. Fighters are fighters and boxers are boxers. When you mix the two you will get exciting style match ups. I await to see this in november of 2010.

Floyd fans you should be happy that he won the award.

Isn't floyd a pure boxer?

Why would you want to be associated with an award that is irrelevant to your favourite boxer?

some additional input:

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
    You're talking about the BWAA and their criteria, right? I'm in the BWAA and I'm telling you, not giving my opinion but the answer, that style of fighting and temperment was not a factor in the decision. It was on achievements.

If Yuri Foreman beat Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright, Cotto, Paul Williams, Mayweather and Oscar de la Hoya, he probably would have gotten it instead.
    actually you have a point there. I agree.

lol, I didn't know you were in the BWAA. Sorry.

But yes, achievements is a stronger argument and if I'm not mistaken, pacquiao has held more ring titles hasn't he?

He also defeated a prime barrera.
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-16-2010, 08:16 AM.

*****s were are you?

Comment

of course he deserves it.

if floyd didn't "retire" then they could have an argument.

Comment

Originally posted by mmuhammadm View Post
        *****s were are you?

last time i checked the sport was called "boxing" not "fighting"

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post

.................what was the AWARD called again?

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            last time i checked boxers are also called fighters not runners!.....lol

Comment

its quite hilarious yet pathetic watching floyd fans cry about it. You know it's okay to show your opponents respect. I know their God doesn't teach that example but well i mean you would think that they could learn some stuff on their own...

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                last time i checked boxers are also called fighters not runners!.....lol
                exactly there are different styles.

Comment

Yep....Fighter of the decade........it's for fighters!

If Floyd was a soldier he would duck fortified enemy bases and refuse POW rescues.

Comment

ryan if floyd didnt retire, He would have won. Alot of boxing writers believe floyd retired to avoid certain fights and they wouldnt give it to him on principle alone. Baracuda your comments are always foolish....boxers are in the business to win fights in the best way they can and there is nothing cool about how pac's face looks after each fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X