Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE IDEOLOGY OF THE " N WORD"

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
      Those blacks are dummies and don't realize that nigga is used to take the 'bite' out of the word nigger. If we turned it into a taboo to say, it would give all the more power to white people who choose to say it.

It's like changing the meaning behind something in order for the word 'nigger' to have less power, to be less potent.. You know?
      I know what you mean, and I know the word has a history, but I think society designates certain words as being taboo.

What's the difference between '****' and 'vagina'? In definition there is no difference, but society says that one word is bad/offensive and the other is not.

If people want to have an offensive word to use against someone, they will find one.

Comment

Listen this is simple...

Using the N-word for blacks is akin to making fun of your brother... It is cool when you, your family or friends do it, but if a stranger does it then its a different story...

If you are not black and you grew up in the streets using street jargon then you already have that repoire with black friends then it would be seen as ok... But, however, if a non-black uses the word in front of blacks he doesnt know then its instant trouble...

Words are not just words and are very powerful... I keep hearing about freedom of speech but that **** is just a myth... A person's personal freedom only extends as far as someone else's begins.. Meaning, the same way one cant run in a movie theater and yell fire, one cannot say something offensive to some stranger and not expect to get his head pealed back... Ignorance is not justification...

Comment

I dont like the word all that much...

i hear it constantly though (more so in the "*****" term instead of "******")...

to be honest i think it was the wrong way to deal with the word.

whether or not you say it with an "a" at the end instead of an "er" it still doesnt send the right message...whether used by african americans only or by others...

in fact i think the word is putting them down seriously...

do mexicans call each other "******s" or "spics" or some offshot/variation of those words? no...

do white people call each other "honkey" or "cracker" or some other variation? no...

do asians (too many specific groups so i will generalize) call each other "ricers"; "boaters" etc or some variation? no...

it seems as if african americans are one of the only ones who took a racial term and used it against themselves...

okay okay okay...maybe italians do it a little bit too...

but even with italians i get it...but it doesnt make complete sense you know?

Comment

I have a Mexican friend we always call each other "nigg3r". But only if there's nobody around us.

Comment

Originally posted by 2quick2slick View Post
              I have a Mexican friend we always call each other "nigg3r". But only if there's nobody around us.
              Ur kewL Kan I b yo FreInd?

Comment

LOL @ people who chose the "Only okay for blacks to use" option.

I wish this poll was public.

Comment

Working...
                X